Pet Friendly Caravan Park

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a Caravan Park/Camp Ground in Western Sydney (LOL). We are heading down for the flyball nationals next easter and beginning to plan now.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated, the only time I've stayed in Sydney with the puppies was for World Dog Games and I don't think Sebel would like 2 teams of crazy flyball dogs staying there!

Cheers

Tony

I believe the only Caravan park in Sydney and surrounds, that take dogs, is at Dural in the far Northern suburbs. Quite a few of the motels allow dogs in cars and trailers but not the caravan parks. I know a number of people who have stayed at Nepean Shores motor inn in Penrith with dogs.

listed in Holidaying with Dogs guide 2010 .....couldn't find the one at Dural but this is really close to Erskine Park so I hope this helps

Elderslie/Camden

Poplar Tourist Park

3.5 pet friendly rating

21 Macarthur Rd

50 Powered sites &

60 unpowered sites (bush style camping

Own van/trailer, on leash/ under control

024658 0485

[email protected]

www.poplartouristparkcamden.com.au

Edited by littlebear

We camped at Castle hill showgrounds for the specialties, contact the council as they manage the grounds.

There were quite a few caravans there over this weekend on powered sites.

fifi

We stayed at a great caravan park when we were down there for the Sheltie Nationals a few years back, just about everyone there had dogs because as well as all the sheltie people there was also a training seminar on that weekend at Erskine Park, I think the doggy people almost booked the whole park out :driving: . It was about 10 or 15 minutes from Erskine park if that is the area you are looking for.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin which was quite nice, you could put your dogs crates on the verandahs they had.

I'll see if I can find the name of it for you if that's the right area you want.

I have stayed at the Dural caravan park a few years ago. If you have a tent they have a lovely grassy area down the bottom with a camp kitchen and everything.

We had two dogs with us. Dogs were not allowed to be left on their own which is understandable so we organised day care for them when we went to the 4x4 show.