Camera And Accessories For Sale

Firestone

New at all this and have found this section invaluable when looking to buy things.

I do not frequent the market place here on DOL but today a friend and I were talking and wondering what others thought of perhaps having an area here in Photos Photos Photos where members could place buy, sell and wanted items just for camera and gear. If there is enough interest I thought I could message Troy and ask.

What do you think??

'MarketPlace' is fairer as it gives people who don't come to ppp often an equal early chance. But no reason not to also start a normal discussion thread here saying "I've spat the dummy with the whatever for a reason and put it in MarketPlace at b dollars, cost me c dollars 2 years ago, RRP is now d dollars". Then someone here can say you can get them brand new at B&H for e dollars, and it can stay in the photos-photos-photos thread as a discussion.

But if we took the camera gear right out of MarketPlace, then all the dog beds and dog coats would logically go to the Crafts and Sewing Section and the whippet collars to the Whippets - so MP would be a bit thin if each specialty item withdrew.

This morning I was about to list the Panasonic Lumix FZ20 for sale, but just took some 'last' shots with it, and shouldn't have done that. Too handy, does such a nice job in light within its limitations (just noise at higher ISO). Sale deferred. Oh, and does anyone have a monopod gathering dust seeking a new home?

I'd love to see it here as I have had my access to Off Topic purposely removed because I didn't want to see all the off topics when I hit "view new posts", I have no interest in 99% of them. But,I'd also like to see a dog related market place available outside of off topic... although maybe it's a good thing I don't see what's for sale ;)

Edited by FHRP

I'd love to see it here as I have had my access to Off Topic purposely removed because I didn't want to see all the off topics when I hit "view new posts", I have no interest in 99% of them. But,I'd also like to see a dog related market place available outside of off topic... although maybe it's a good thing I don't see what's for sale ;)
Thats another reason why I thought I would ask as some members of DOL do not have access and they love the photo section. I know I have had a couple of emails stating that and it would be camera and photography accessory specific.

Its amazing actually how many people do not go to off topic