Help With Photoshop Editing

~Anne~

I once read a thread on here where people were explaining how to blur the background of a photo using Photoshop, leaving the subject clear. There was a specific name for it and I can't think of what it is so I can't find it using the search funtion.

Can anyone help me with this?

[

Cowanbree - thanks, I'll try the instructions you've sent me and see what I can do. I find the lasso tool is only good for very clear subjects though.

True but then i just use the blur or is it smudge tool and it takes the sharpness out

called gausian blur within the filters in photoshop, but really it is no substitute for doing it with the lens at wide open, as it just does not give the same look as lens bokeh

I am not a camera enthusiast though, nor a photographer ammateur or otherwise, so I prefer to create my look using software. :rofl:

much easier to do it in camera though - the more you can get right in camera, the less you have to do afterwards in photoshop

As I said, I am not a camera enthusiast. To put it bluntly, I don't even own a camera.

I am not interested in cameras nor photography on the whole. I simply have a range of pics that I have become interested in due to my daughter's up coming 21st birthday. The majority are scanned pics and pics I have lifted from her FB page. I am hoping to make the most of them.

Thanks for your suggestions however, but I am specifically seeking a photoshop editing idea, not photography advice. :rofl: I'll leave the photography to those who have an interest in it, 'cause my interest level is zero. :laugh:

Edited by ~Anne~