Anyone Just Feel So Angry About Impounded Dogs?

spirrall

Hey guys,

I'm more or so new to this forum but I can't believe how much I've learned from participating and coming here.

How can be they so horrible? How can someone just dump their dog or get it pregnant and not want her? How can you not love you dog that much that you can't rid get of them? There's so many questions but I can't comprehend why these impounded dogs are there in the first place!

At the moment, I'm angry and confused. I would take all the dogs from the pound if I had the room...

Everyone in our family are total dog lovers. We went to the extreme of renting a pet friendly place and when it rained for most of the days, we left after 3 days because we knew the dogs would rather go home. They still went swimming in the doggie beach though ^^

Hey guys,

I'm more or so new to this forum but I can't believe how much I've learned from participating and coming here.

How can be they so horrible? How can someone just dump their dog or get it pregnant and not want her? How can you not love you dog that much that you can't rid get of them? There's so many questions but I can't comprehend why these impounded dogs are there in the first place!

At the moment, I'm angry and confused. I would take all the dogs from the pound if I had the room...

Everyone in our family are total dog lovers. We went to the extreme of renting a pet friendly place and when it rained for most of the days, we left after 3 days because we knew the dogs would rather go home. They still went swimming in the doggie beach though ^^

\

Spirral, I totally hear you. If I had the power and the money I would save every last dog..whilst that's not possible, I guess as my sister once said, you be as good an owner as you can to your own dogs, be kind and thoughtful to other dogs and generally help their cause wherever you can. I suppose every little bit helps. When you think about the negative actions towards dogs/animals try and balance it with some positive thinkings..I've tried to do this....but I do understand how you feel.

Yup. It's a cruel old world out there for dogs that happen to end out having been born to unfortunate circumstances . . . or bought by bad owners. And there are all sorts of dilemmas faced by those trying to make a bad situation better. Personally -- I think mandatory desexing is good where responsible breeders have a way out. But I don't think we need bandwagons. Just people taking effective action on their love for dogs. Rescue what you can. Bottom line . . . if there are more pups born than good owners looking for pups . . . some pups will end out in not-so-good homes.

Edited by sandgrubber

Slightly ... ok completely OF .... but I think the same thing about young girls who have babies ... and then the novelty wears off and she can't be bothered with the child anymore leaving others to raise her. Of course she still gets the "single mothers" benefits just without having to worry about baby!!!!

Vent over :cry:

I think some people just do not value the life of other creatures, how they can look their dogs in the eye and then take them to certain death is horrendous to me.

We had a young woman surrender her 2 dogs to Council after they escaped for the 2nd time and she didn't want to pay the fines - we offered that she could pay $5 per week until it was paid off but NO she just didn't want to have to pay at all. We advised her that the chances of rehoming the dogs was very low and that they would be PTS - she shrugged her shoulders and walked out :laugh: I despise her, I loathe her and all of her type!

I think some people just do not value the life of other creatures, how they can look their dogs in the eye and then take them to certain death is horrendous to me.

We had a young woman surrender her 2 dogs to Council after they escaped for the 2nd time and she didn't want to pay the fines - we offered that she could pay $5 per week until it was paid off but NO she just didn't want to have to pay at all. We advised her that the chances of rehoming the dogs was very low and that they would be PTS - she shrugged her shoulders and walked out :D I despise her, I loathe her and all of her type!

Yep, 'despise' and 'loathe' just about sums up my feelings for these types of cretinous, selfish b...s!