Best Online Store Recommendations

ridgiedidge

Hello :)

I did have a quick search for online pet supplies but wanted something more specific - puppy toys.

If anyone could recommend an efficient, well priced & stocked online store it would be much appreciated :mad

Also any preferences between the kong & the everlasting products? We have ridgebacks so it needs to be durable.

It's been 8.5yrs since we had a pup so we are out of the loop a bit when it comes to puppy toys as our other dogs just have bones.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

does it have to be an online store? i find that dog toys from shops ect are over priced and usually pretty crappy. head down to your local op shop and get some cheap as stuffed toys, take all the plastic eyes off tho, even if they last 3 days it would of only costed about 50c. get some cheap rope and makes knots in it, old balls are excellent as well,

Last time i checked it was nearly $60 for the large black kong.

does it have to be an online store? i find that dog toys from shops ect are over priced and usually pretty crappy. head down to your local op shop and get some cheap as stuffed toys, take all the plastic eyes off tho, even if they last 3 days it would of only costed about 50c. get some cheap rope and makes knots in it, old balls are excellent as well,

Last time i checked it was nearly $60 for the large black kong.

Thanks for your reply APBT & I years ago I did exactly that for our first pup.

Unfortunately all that did was train him to 'kill' the kids stuffed toys.

We do have rope handy but just thought some durable teething toys would save some shoes/toys/retic from being attacked. Ahh the joys of puppyhood!

with picking up our first puppy (first for my OH, first for me in 13 years), we have been going through shops like the reject shop, $2 shop, and all those other bargain stores.

we even found a really nice dog bed for $18 instead of the overpriced $60 some stores were asking.

we bought a bunch of toys for $2 each, perfect for the little puppy :)

great way to buy the stuff that wont last, so much cheaper.

I bought all my Kongs online, mostly from eBay. There are some cheap sellers out there if you look around, I think I paid around $28 for my XXL sized black kong and $20 for the XL sized. The large puppy Kongs I picked up for around $13 from memory. I can't remember the seller but if you do a google search and an eBay search you can certainly find the products cheaper then RRP.

I just bought my Ridgie a Kyjen toy (it's the Marmot lol) He really loves it and I was pretty impressed with the quality. We've also got Tuffie toys and while they are tough they are expensive too. Unfortunately they dont get played with a lot though.

Cuz toys and i-squeaks/JW toys are pretty good too. They are tough, squeaky and most dogs love them.

I bought most of my puppy toys from either Big W or Cheap as Chips. They didn't last all that long but I was able to buy a few and rotate them, then just throw them out when they got ratty. Strangely enough my boys favourite toy when he was a puppy was a piece of material that he ripped out from under the old couch lol. He would prefered it over everything until it fell to pieces.

Thanks, never thought of the $2 shop. Will have a squizz there.

We did have kong for our old ridgie but it's been a few years since he was a pup & there are so many durable toys to choose from now.

Sadly he has since passed on but we still have all the bedding, bowls, leads etc....so it's just a matter of getting some toys really for teething. As we still have our bitch, I am hoping the pup won't get too bored & she'll pass on her good manners ;)

Nice looking ridgie you have there Ridgie Didge (nice name too!).

Be carefull with cheap and nasty toys from the $2 shops. They are generally made from poor quality plastics and before you know it the dog will rip into it and will wake you up at 3am vomiting chunks of plastic :rofl:

I find that toys made from dense rubbery material (like Kongs) will be safer and last longer.

U can try http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au

Just bought some toys off them recently. Chose them over another online store coz their postage worked out much cheaper and item prices were comparable. Look out in places like k-mart too. Just bought a Kong Puppy Wubba for $5.50 instead of the usual $14+ as it was on clearance!!! :(

Yep, can sometimes get bargains from K-mart. Got some large black kongs for $8 recently.

www.ozpetshop.com.au sells Everlasting Treat & Fun balls cheaper than most other places

www.thevetshed.com.au sells cheaper Tuffie toys