Nina Ottosson Treat Trapper

Belijae

I have been looking at ways to slow my dally Forge's eating and give him some extra mental stimulation. A friend showed me their Nina Ottossen toys which I found very interesting so I checked out her website.

The toys look pretty good so I've ordered couple of the plastic versions, but there was one I couldn't see on any Australian suppliers websites but looked pretty easy to make... well it is pretty easy to make, just a few squares of material sewn two ways through the center like a +. I used Victoria polar fleece from spotlight and I've used the scraps to braid some tug toys too.

Link to Nina Ottossen's Treat Trapper - There's a video at the bottom of the page of her dogs using it. Forge love's it so I'm hoping he'll love the proper toy's I've bought when they get here.

I have been looking at ways to slow my dally Forge's eating and give him some extra mental stimulation. A friend showed me their Nina Ottossen toys which I found very interesting so I checked out her website.

The toys look pretty good so I've ordered couple of the plastic versions, but there was one I couldn't see on any Australian suppliers websites but looked pretty easy to make... well it is pretty easy to make, just a few squares of material sewn two ways through the center like a +. I used Victoria polar fleece from spotlight and I've used the scraps to braid some tug toys too.

Link to Nina Ottossen's Treat Trapper - There's a video at the bottom of the page of her dogs using it. Forge love's it so I'm hoping he'll love the proper toy's I've bought when they get here.

do you have any pics of the toy you made? :thumbsup:

CAn you get the puzzles anywhere in Australia?...Katy had a lot of fun with some at a trick workshop

I'm getting mine from an online store - www.gameondogs.com.au

There are other aus websites with her products and I seem to remember one saying you can collect in Sydney.

Aidan2 - yep a simple towel is another good one

bertandsally, as soon as I remember my photobucket login I'll add a photo... been a while since I've been on the forum :thumbsup:

wow thats great how much did it cost for the materials to make it?

Material cost $22. There was lots of left over material, so I've now made 3 plaited tug toys of different lengths and thickness and I've also made a cover for his wubba which he chewed the legs off one day when I wasn't looking. So now his wubba has legs again :thumbsup:

wow thats great how much did it cost for the materials to make it?

Material cost $22. There was lots of left over material, so I've now made 3 plaited tug toys of different lengths and thickness and I've also made a cover for his wubba which he chewed the legs off one day when I wasn't looking. So now his wubba has legs again :laugh:

you should start up a business :thumbsup: you would make a mint from non crafty people like me! :D

you should start up a business :thumbsup: you would make a mint from non crafty people like me! :laugh:

I have no doubt that the design is patented or similar, so I don't think I could sell it. Plus you obviously can't see how shoddy my workmanship is in that photo :D I don't think Forge minds, he he he...

Edited by Belijae

Wagsalot (another DoLer) sells the Nina Ottoson toys on her website and is superfast. I ordered the twister one day and it was delivered the next (in Sydney)...

So I am not the only one who's had a pants pocket chewed through :mad

Thank you for the towel tip Aidan !

I've had nothing back fantastic feedback on the nina ottosson range. I know quite a few people have made their own styles of the range which worked quite well.

I haven't got one for Riley (he'd be useless) but I am going to give one to the cat! I reckon she'll love the Tornado.

That wouldn't last long in my house! I left some treats in my jeans pocket once, there was no work involved in getting them out the material was simply chewed through in seconds :mad

Lucy chewed through my dog belt - and ate the zipper - to get to a few treats. The toys definitely need to be used while under supervision!