Can You Buy Security Screns With A Doggy Door Preinstalled

My security screen door was made with an opening and there were heavy plastic strips over the opening for the cats and dogs to come and go through.

Then one day one dog chewed off all the plastic strips when he accidentally got locked outside (not happy Jan :thumbsup: )

But in answer to you question, yes they do make pet flaps for security screens.

Mine had to take into account the fact I have a cat flap in the back door and this needs to open through the security screen door, hence the heavy plastic strips but there are other options available.

Edited by Golden Rules

Yes, I have one.

I will have to ask the boyfriend where he got it though. Not sure if he bought the screen door separately and installed the doggie door himself or he got the door like that.

When I got a security door made they wouldn't put a dog door in because it was no loger a security door so they said. A friend has Pig in mud and really likes it, will be getting one in the future for my girl too. They have them at Pet Barn (saw one today) and Bunnings also have them I belive. There are more coming on the market all the time. Pig in Mud don't do any damage to your door and can be fixed to either glass or screen door so is adjustable with the seasons.

I had my security door made, and they cut out a large opening (so that my greyhound could fit through, and then made me a mini security door that slides into tracks either side of the opening, it has a little lock on it, so that it becomes a secure security door.

It works really well, if I need the dogs to be locked inside or outside for any reason, then I just slide the mini door in, or if I am going away I just lock the mini door and it becomes secure.

I have a dog door in my wooden door too, and its flap fits through the opening in the security door, which just has heavy plastic strips hanging from it to stop flies from entering the house.

I dreamt this up myself and then had to find someone who would make what I wanted, that was the hard part. :thumbsup:

Trish

I had my security door made, and they cut out a large opening (so that my greyhound could fit through, and then made me a mini security door that slides into tracks either side of the opening, it has a little lock on it, so that it becomes a secure security door.

It works really well, if I need the dogs to be locked inside or outside for any reason, then I just slide the mini door in, or if I am going away I just lock the mini door and it becomes secure.

I have a dog door in my wooden door too, and its flap fits through the opening in the security door, which just has heavy plastic strips hanging from it to stop flies from entering the house.

I dreamt this up myself and then had to find someone who would make what I wanted, that was the hard part. :)

Trish

I had the design ready but the company wouldn't do it and I really needed to get a good security screen quickly rather than wait. Might just see what else I can organise now.

I went door shopping recently and some doors were sold with a dog door in place. The door place had somebody who fitted the dogs before delivery. Bit dearer way to go.

I found thou that the doors used (dogmate) only came in small and large. Not really a med available.

Happy shopping