Woot :) Need Help Finding A Breeder For A Coworker!

~tj~

A girl I work with (20, lives at home with her parents) are looking to buy a puppy. She posted on facebook on the weekend that she was going to pet shops and looking in the paper. I sent her a message and told her to wait until Monday when I could speak to her :rainbowbridge: I have convinced her not to take these avenues when getting dog! YAY!! So her family have narrowed down to a border collie or a kelpie. They want to buy in WA at this stage and are looking for breeders. I cant seem to find any WA Kelpie breeders :rainbowbridge: Would anyone have any suggestions for me??? Im quite unfamiliar with these breeds.

They are also quite open to rescuing a puppy if it suits their family. They are adament that it needs to be a puppy :rainbowbridge:

Thanks in advance!

(if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it :rainbowbridge: )

There are no show lines Kelpie breeders in WA (I only have a male so it is a bit hard :rainbowbridge: ). Although I think the bitch in WA who recently had a litter is going to be remated... contact Suthernskys kennels in Qld (they are on DOL) and she will be able to tell you as they bred the bitch.

There are quite a few working lines Kelpie breeders. Contact the WA Working Sheep Dog Association: http://www.ami.com.au/~pat/wawsda2.htm and they will be able to put you onto someone :rainbowbridge:

In terms of show lines Border Collies in WA I would recommend Winpara :cry: Who is also a member on here :rainbowbridge: For working lines the same link applies as for Kelpies :rainbowbridge:

There is always beautiful working dogs in rescue with all work done and

probably at a 1/3 of the cost. That is always an option as well :rainbowbridge:

Hope she finds what she is looking for

The Working Kelpie Council also lists breeders and litters available of working Kelpies, if she decides she can handle a working line dog. What do they want to do with the dog? Any performance sports or just a pet?

http://www.wkc.org.au/

Some working line breeders won't sell to pet homes though.

The Working Kelpie Council also lists breeders and litters available of working Kelpies, if she decides she can handle a working line dog. What do they want to do with the dog? Any performance sports or just a pet?

http://www.wkc.org.au/

Some working line breeders won't sell to pet homes though.

There are no WA breeders on their list though which is why I didn't suggest them :) I thought there used to be but not anymore :o

is she sure a kelpie is the right dog for her situation?

This is a very good question.

Please tell your co-worker to do a lot of research on kelpies & talk to people knowledgeable about the 'working' breeds.

Before there's any search for a puppy.

Guest Ams

AWDRI - Australian Working Dog Rescue may also be an option. They rehome Aust wide.

www.workingdogrescue.com.au