Bondi Vet On 7pm Project Last Night

FranVT

Did anyone else see this? It was MAGICAL, someone wrote in to say "Is it cruel to stop a bitch from breeding? Do they fret like humans do?"

His response was excellent! He said "I get asked this all the time and it baffles me every time, NO! Absolutely not! Dogs do not need to have puppies! In fact there are some serious health risks associated with having puppies ..." (goes on to talk about mammary cancer risk increase).

Then that silly Carrie Bickmore idiot says "OH but they're so cute!" and he says "Well if you want your dogs to live long happy cute lives then leave it to the experts - the breeders."

:rofl:

You can see it here: http://7pmproject.com.au/video.htm It's the final part of the Wednesday night show, towards the end.

Warning: The beginning of that section is about a woman who works to rescue bears in India and Asia and it is quite harrowing :(

Yeah but he also has a column in womens day where he regularly recommends "breeds" such as cavoodles, labradoodles ect to people looking for info about dog breeds, esp. those with allergies. :(

I havent read the womans day articles. But ive heard him recommend Standard Poodles and say that there is nothing effeminant about them and i really liked this.

Edited by ncarter

I think you'll find it is very scripted and I'm sure Carrie was told to say that.

It's funny when they have guests on the show and their 'natural converstations' are so fake and stilted.

I don't think she's an idiot, I really like her, so i will defend her :rofl:

:rolleyes:

Iv disliked Carrie Bitmore ever since she said that given the choice of paying a little extra for a free range egg because that would give a chook a better life, she would still choose the cheapest product. And another time (and perhaps Ill get flamed here) she defended parent's rights to hit their children, as a matter of personal choice (not for the children, obviously). She doesnt appear to have any compassion or empathy in her.

Speaking of Chris Brown's statement about poodles not being effeminate, he was on another show this morning talking about his childhood standard poodle 'Claude' who used to mount the families pet sheep every morning, to the deep fascination of the local kids walking past his house to school. He said that Claude taught him a lot about sex. :rolleyes:

Onya Chris!

Yeah but he also has a column in womens day where he regularly recommends "breeds" such as cavoodles, labradoodles ect to people looking for info about dog breeds, esp. those with allergies. :laugh:

i read that so i emailed him and told him a few things why he shouldn't be recommending puppy farmers. :o then he said some other things i can't remember now that seriously got me thinking that he doesn't know much about training dogs in general. his article was seriously flawed.

maybe he got that much mail about his comments he has done an about turn? i gave him a run down about the pounds filling up and puppy farmers breeding these cross breeds that aren't a breed and how he is misleading the public recommending a cross bred dog being bred by a farm possibly.

maybe he listened to ppl complaining about his comments.

Did anyone else see this? It was MAGICAL, someone wrote in to say "Is it cruel to stop a bitch from breeding? Do they fret like humans do?"

His response was excellent! He said "I get asked this all the time and it baffles me every time, NO! Absolutely not! Dogs do not need to have puppies! In fact there are some serious health risks associated with having puppies ..." (goes on to talk about mammary cancer risk increase).

Then that silly Carrie Bickmore idiot says "OH but they're so cute!" and he says "Well if you want your dogs to live long happy cute lives then leave it to the experts - the breeders."

:D

You can see it here: http://7pmproject.com.au/video.htm It's the final part of the Wednesday night show, towards the end.

Warning: The beginning of that section is about a woman who works to rescue bears in India and Asia and it is quite harrowing :o

saw that too and i thought it was very good the way he handled silly questions. :laugh: but carrie asking those questions is reflective of what the public asks, walking my dogs down busy streets i get asked alot of questions about pedigree dogs some of them are pretty silly but i just answer them as best i can. i even had one lady come up and tell me an awful story about her chihuahua putting his head through a hole in the fence and the next door neighbors dogs biting it off!!!!!!!!! i had nightmares after her telling me that, i don't know whether it was legit or not.

Edited by toy dog