Urgent Call For Help

Steve

we have a young family who had their house burn down last night- Total loss no insurance.

they have 2 female boxers needing urgent foster care one of which is ready to whelp in 3 weeks

Can any one give us a hand . This is really urgent.

Julie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they fence jumpers?

I may be able to sort something out if they would be happy to be kept in a stable between turns in the yard. The carer has other dogs but is on acreage. She is out at the moment but I will check in with her later and let you know.

This doesn't have anything to do with the fire in Culcairn does it?

Just checked and one isn't other dog friendly and they hate cats.

That makes it harder.

Crap. That counts me out :)

From memory, I believe there is a nice boarding facility in Wagga Wagga, although it wouldn't be ideal for a non-dog friendly or a preggers girl.

eta: ohh, fingers crossed Trish!

Edited by Longclaw

Are they fence jumpers?

I may be able to sort something out if they would be happy to be kept in a stable between turns in the yard. The carer has other dogs but is on acreage. She is out at the moment but I will check in with her later and let you know.

This doesn't have anything to do with the fire in Culcairn does it?

I Dont think it was Culcairn - the housing dept said Wagga and so did she. Ill see if I can get onto her to see if she thinks that will work. Its a rental so she cant leave the dogs in the yard where they are.

No worries - there was a house burned out in Culcairn but I think it was the evening of Jed's fire rather than last night.

This person has also whelped a couple of litters before so has the knowledge if they can't find anything else before then.

No worries - there was a house burned out in Culcairn but I think it was the evening of Jed's fire rather than last night.

This person has also whelped a couple of litters before so has the knowledge if they can't find anything else before then.

I dont know the rest of the details yet but she is extremely distressed.

More details 5 kids nothing left except what they are standing in. Fire caused by a bar heater and the Dept of housing have put them into a cabin in the caravan park until more appropriate accommodation can be found.

Trish from Albury Dog Rescue has managed to find us a foster carer who has experience with whelping and the means to look after them without a problem.

Whew

thanks again

Trish