Bcf Rv Shade Deluxe

RubyStar

Does anyone have one of these BCF RV Shade Deluxe thingies and have managed to assemble them? :rofl:

I'm up to step 5 and for the life of me can't get the peg thingy to meet the metal at the bottom of each pole!! :rofl:

Surely it can't be too hard. I never buy into statements such as "easy to assemble" because usually that isn't the case (unless you're some real handy type or have assembled it 100 times already! :thumbsup:) but I didn't think it would be THIS hard and fiddly!! Trying to assemble it on my own is very hard and time consuming, and then getting stuck at step 5 isn't helping matters!

Dog help me trying to assemble it in public! :rofl: Got two trials on next weekend and wanted to use it, but if it's this flippin' hard then I might just take it back!! :o:(

Hope some "pro" can help me out!!! Please! :D

Edited to add a picture of the nightmare of a thing! It's those bottom pieces I can't join.

rv_shade_deluxe.jpg

Edited by RubyStar

I'me having trouble trying to picture it, that shade structure should stand alone like a 3 sides sun tent, it should have suction cups that attach to the car too.

I cant figure out why the poles wouldnt reach the inserts unless it is held up to high by the car roof?

I'me having trouble trying to picture it, that shade structure should stand alone like a 3 sides sun tent, it should have suction cups that attach to the car too.

I cant figure out why the poles wouldnt reach the inserts unless it is held up to high by the car roof?

See the poles at the bottom closest to you on the screen? Well with the pole other ends inserted correctly (near the roof that suction to the car), the poles on these ends stick out way past the fabric where there is a peg hanging off the fabric. This peg is meant to hook onto the bottom of the pole somewhere. Impossible :laugh::rofl:

It's just a tight squeeze to get the ends in first time given you're allowing for some flex in the poles and the material to stretch.

The poles hang out about 50cm past the fabric. If I stretch it any more either the poles will snap or the fabric will rip :laugh:

Does it help any to get the poles in if it's already standing up and suctioned to the car? When I am at this point I still have it lying on the ground. It's the step after this one where it says to attach to the car.

I wanted to get one of these looking like I'm glad I didnt LOL

Sorry no help am I !! :laugh:

I'm sure it's possible. I wouldn't let it put you off, people rave about them so they must be good! Once you figure out how to assemble it that is!

I googled in case anyone else got stuck at this step and I can't find ANY forums anywhere discussing the assembly, so it looks like I'm the one and only dingbat who can't assemble it :D :rofl:

Nope sorry :D :rofl:

:rofl: Back in your hole! :laugh::rofl:

I am at K9 both days next weekend so I might see if I can help you out on the Saturday! :D What time does your trial start?

Thanks! Ummm not sure what time Saturday's starts, morning I believe so probably 8-8.30am I will be trying to assemble? Will you be around then?

Sunday I think it at the GSDA grounds. I've never been there before so no idea if a shade is required there.

Nope sorry :D :(

:) Back in your hole! :laugh::rofl:

I am at K9 both days next weekend so I might see if I can help you out on the Saturday! :rofl: What time does your trial start?

Thanks! Ummm not sure what time Saturday's starts, morning I believe so probably 8-8.30am I will be trying to assemble? Will you be around then?

Sunday I think it at the GSDA grounds. I've never been there before so no idea if a shade is required there.

Thats early! :D Lincoln isn't on till 12.30pm but I might come a bit early to watch some obidience and maybe he can watch and get some pointers. :rofl:

It's just a tight squeeze to get the ends in first time given you're allowing for some flex in the poles and the material to stretch.

The poles hang out about 50cm past the fabric. If I stretch it any more either the poles will snap or the fabric will rip :laugh:

Does it help any to get the poles in if it's already standing up and suctioned to the car? When I am at this point I still have it lying on the ground. It's the step after this one where it says to attach to the car.

Don't think so, I set it up for the first time on it's back and then flipped it over onto the car that way. Was ages ago, but I do remember it being a very tight squeeze to get the hooks on the bottom.

I don't use mine any more as I use the compact gazebo as I can chuck it over the tailgate of the wagon if I'm set up close enough or I can set up separate from the car if the parking is too far away.

Probably no help here but have you attempted to put the bottom bit of the pole on to the bottom hook thing before attatching all the little black hooks along the legnth of the poles. This will give you the chance to bend the poles up enough to attatch at the bottom.....hopefully.... then attatch all the little black hooks.

Did the BCF store have them on display as maybe you could pop in and get a demo or even just call them and get them to explain over the phone?

Probably no help here but have you attempted to put the bottom bit of the pole on to the bottom hook thing before attatching all the little black hooks along the legnth of the poles. This will give you the chance to bend the poles up enough to attatch at the bottom.....hopefully.... then attatch all the little black hooks.

Did the BCF store have them on display as maybe you could pop in and get a demo or even just call them and get them to explain over the phone?

I didn't hook the black clips on yet, so unfortunately that won't help :D

They are on display so I can go in and have a look and ask for advice, I just hope I can find the time to do it before next weekend!

It's probably not worth putting it up for a single trial but I want to give it a test run soon, as I am possibly going away for a long weekend in June for retrieving where camping is involved so thought it would be handy to have up and instead of a tent, I can just sleep in the back of my car :rofl::laugh:

Don't think so, I set it up for the first time on it's back and then flipped it over onto the car that way. Was ages ago, but I do remember it being a very tight squeeze to get the hooks on the bottom.

I don't use mine any more as I use the compact gazebo as I can chuck it over the tailgate of the wagon if I'm set up close enough or I can set up separate from the car if the parking is too far away.

I set mine up with the blue side facing upwards so I could slide the poles in easier, do you think silver side up would somehow allow the poles to bend and stretch more? :laugh:

I think I need a phd in shade assembly to get this thing up!!

Let me know if you want to borrow my gazebo :D

Hey bring it on Thursday night and we can work it out, I used to be in the girl guides :rofl::laugh:

Maybe we can set it up Thursday night and I can leave it up reserving my spot for Saturday :D

I used to be in the Brownies! So I'm no good at this kinda stuff. I did get my story writing and cooking badges though :rofl: :rofl:

I can't remember what badges I got, I bet there were heaps! (Not :rofl: ) I remember something vague about pixies? :laugh: :D

Possibly a preminition of Trixie. :D

I was never in those sort of orginizations but I spent all my spare time in the winter as a child playing around in the bushland behind my house, always with a dog following along. :rofl: We always made forts and had "gumnut wars" where we literally threw gum nuts at each other, last ones standing won. I was the only girl of about 20 kids :rofl:

Edited by valleyCBR