Erny

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine sent this to all ALP MLA's

In regards to the “DOMESTIC ANIMALS AMENDMENT (DANGEROUS DOGS) BILL”

NOT HAPPY JOE!

Then she thought the opposition MLA's might get a laugh out of it so added the following and sent to them as well.

This bill will not HELP to promote responsible dog ownership and reduce dog attacks.

Edited by DNB

:rofl: at "Not Happy Joe!"

I can't help feeling that this next week will have some critical and influential bearing on the debate. I'd like not for the Government to feel as though those who are going to have their say have "said it" and now that we've done so the novelty has worn off and we'll all go away and let them do their 'thing' without backlash.

So for those (particularly) who haven't written in - even just a two lined letter spelling out that you oppose the proposed Bill and support (for example) the points raised by the letter submitted by "Lawyers for Animals" .... it will continue to show the Government we're still 'alive' on this and strongly advocate they DON'T allow the Bill to pass. If this Bill goes through, I think the prohibitive proposals for laws which will negatively affect the good rescue work our rescuers and foster people do, will too easily be passed after that.

One more week and a dozen (or more) letters from our (especially) Victorian DOLers (especially from 'fresh blood') will help us shore up the efforts that have already been made.

So please take a few minutes to put something together and email off to all the Members of Legislative Assembly.

The great thing about emails is that it makes it easier and faster.

WE can do it if we do it together :rofl::bottom: .

"... show 'em your might"

:laugh:

Lawyers for Animals submission/response

Edited by Erny

any more news????

Erny did you get air time on 3AW or MTR???

BUMP from Page 2

No. I've emailed them giving them all the info. though.

If other people write in it might show them there's some public interest in it - enough for them to decide to 'pick it up'. Have you written to them, Casster? Or anyone?

am going to erny... just not sure what to write... Was thinking I would send a copy of the letter we sent to parliament with the responses from goodfor dogs and lawyer for animals.

That would be fine, Casster17 - maybe with a short covering letter addressed to the radio station and asking them to take an interest in this proposed Bill and the futile impact it is going to have on responsible dog owners and their dogs (ANY breed), highlighting the fact that encompassed in the Bill are laws where the ONLY people who stand to gain are shelters/pounds and the Government from the point of view of increased/faster revenue collection, with no benefit to the community.

I received a phone call from Mr. Luke Donnellan MP (State Member for Narre Warren North), this evening, asking me if I had any concerns I would like to discuss with him.

"Well, as a matter of fact .................... yes :rofl:" .

Mr. Donnellan wasn't completely familiar with the terms of the Bill but after recognising who I was confirmed he had seen my letter/s that I had emailed him (and countless others) in this past couple of weeks. Mr. Donnellan does know me from past contact over other dog-related issues I have consulted with him on.

He's asked me to let him familiarise himself with them and start asking questions to see if he can get some answers. I told him it would be lovely if the dog-owning public could have some representation within Government because quite frankly, we're tired of the fact that we don't and that a lot of our unpaid time is taken up with trying to stop erroneous and unfair laws being passed, and then trying to battle the futility and unfairness of them once they come in and that we're tired of the Government handing out unadulterated and unanswerable control to authorities who have a vested interest in seizing and euthanising our pets, and for them, the quicker the better.

Edited by Erny

Every Victorian dog owner should be greatly concerned about the proposed new dog laws.

They are unjust and ill-thought out in many ways, and we as responsible dog owners should not accept them without putting up a fight.

Victoria is notorious for enacting ill-conceived and unjust legislation against responsible dog owners and their dogs.

So often, we complain about the laws which limit our rights as dog owners. As a united group, we are many, and now we have a chance to use the weight of numbers, hopefully to our advantage.

Every single email of protest will add weight to the campaign against the proposed Bill.

As Erny has pointed out, there is still time for more people to do this. Please take the small ammount of time needed to add your weight to this campaign. Let us all join forces, to stop this proposed legislation, before it is too late. Before it becomes law.

I received a phone call from Mr. Luke Donnellan MP (State Member for Narre Warren North), this evening, asking me if I had any concerns I would like to discuss with him.

"Well, as a matter of fact .................... yes :cheer:" .

Mr. Donnellan wasn't completely familiar with the terms of the Bill but after recognising who I was confirmed he had seen my letter/s that I had emailed him (and countless others) in this past couple of weeks. Mr. Donnellan does know me from past contact over other dog-related issues I have consulted with him on.

He's asked me to let him familiarise himself with them and start asking questions to see if he can get some answers. I told him it would be lovely if the dog-owning public could have some representation within Government because quite frankly, we're tired of the fact that we don't and that a lot of our unpaid time is taken up with trying to stop erroneous and unfair laws being passed, and then trying to battle the futility and unfairness of them once they come in and that we're tired of the Government handing out unadulterated and unanswerable control to authorities who have a vested interest in seizing and euthanising our pets, and for them, the quicker the better.

Good on you Erny...

Luke is usually great to deal with (have had a few dealings with him in the past). Hopefully he come in to bat for dog owners....

At least we know that our letters are being seen....

What Echo said & Erny's networking with an MP. :cheer:

Might help to indicate that you understand the need for public safety measure laws re some dogs that pose a threat.

But the source of that threat is their owners' not obeying current laws (like containment & leash in public etc) & not doing the responsible things that the average dog owner takes for granted (like basic training). There's a swag of rigorous scientific research which backs that.

I've just read another research study which found there tends to be a personality profile of people who own an aggressive dog.

So it's overkill (sorry about the choice of word) to have a law which treats every dog as being likely a safety problem. Even the stats bear that out.

The % of dogs out of the entire canine population, which become involved with biting, attacking events, is small.

What they need to do, is follow the clear leads to the owners & dogs (& specific situations) where the risk is high for biting, attacking.

Mita - thanks for the link you sent via PM.

To all Victorians - yep, I sound like a broken record. I'm kinda sorry about that, but hey .... even if one more person reads this and is proactive as a result, then I guess it is worth the risk of me becoming ad-nauseoum (sp? sorry - too tired to check) with the *bumps* and reminders :cry:.

"... fly like an angel ..."

Edited by Erny