Australian Bulldog

gaawjustaffs

Was just surfing the net an found aussie bulldogs for sale an thought i'd never heard of them so looked on here an couldn't find them. But on the advert it says the breeder is registered with uaba and the pups are papered. So i looked up the uaba an there like dogs QLD but there own thing that do what dogs qld do but on there own. So i was wondering why there not a breed on here an whats the go with the uaba, is it a real thing or what?? Thanks for any replys i'm just a little curious

To answer your question Aussie bulldogs are crossbreds they are NOT a ANKC recognised breed and the UABA is NOT a ANKC recognised organisation.

They we invented as "suitable to australia bulldog " i have had many arguements over this but the believers never test for anything but they claim to be "healthier ?????

I doubt Their "pedigrees" are never going to be recognised as they do not follow procedure to allow it to be registered with the ANKC as a new breed. Unless someone has finally taken the bull by the horn and put correct procedures in place

Oh and Noel Green what a delightful guy he is

Cheers

Thanks guys lol thats what i thought. Wow so you can make a club an make out your bitsa's registered now, thats terrible that they can just do that an trick unsuspecting puppy buyers into thinking that they are buying a purebred registered with a controling body.

I have a friend that has an Aussie Bulldog and have had many a disscusion with her about her dogs papers not meaning anything in the pure dog world.

She has had nothing but health problems with her girl and she is not even 1 :thumbsup:

Leanne

Eight years ago I used to groom a bitch that was from QLD and was one of the first AB's. She should have been desexed, not used as a foundation bitch. Allergies, a bad front end and a deformed tail ( had no tail just a hole in her back to the spine, that was always festy and infected ) and died at the age of 6.

Edited by SBT123

My friend is planning on breeding her girl with her mates aussie.

She has no idea and I really have had enough trying to explain to her what can happen.

I can see the bitch and pups dying during whelping :thumbsup:

Leanne

Of course there are size differences, that's what happens when you throw anything together. :(

The UABA continues to put British bulldogs to their "papered" bitches (amoungst other things, great danes were put in to get blue, Neo mastiffs are now in the mix, American bulldogs were put in to produce larger litters, staffies, boxers, bull mastiffs, etc....) whilst the ABS refuse to put anything together other than Australian bulldog to Australian bulldog, there are other groups, I think the ABC is another, and then there are "breeders" that make their own paperwork rather than give the UABA $30 to make a "pedigree".

All claim they are producing 'healthier" bulldogs but none of them agree to follow the ANKC procedure to produce a new breed, if they did, the Australian Bulldog would probably be a registered breed by now.

The United Aussie Bulldog Association (UABA) was founded by Noel Green and Pip Nobes. They produce Aussie Bulldogs.

They differed in opinion on a few matters so, Pip started up the Australian Bulldog Society, they produce Australian Bulldogs.

Then others joined up and couldn't agree with the two parties, soooo started their own clubs with similar ideas.

The people that buy these pups are told they have pedigree dogs, I had a discussion with a bloke this weekend, he wants to find a home for his 'british" bulldog, it's got papers and everything, it's parents are all Austalian bulldogs and one of it's great grandparents is a british bulldog from the UK...... :D

It's actually an Aussie bulldog and a mutt, but he disputed that.