Is She Too Young?

Hi Scouty, yes I'm a member, the next local trial I think is Hastings. Before I started trialling, I used to go and watch what went on asked a bizillion questions on everything so I .wasn't so raw when I started, I also was very lucky to have a mentor in those early days.Any of the triallers at club will only. be to happy to help you, you only have to ask. Welcome to the very addictive sport of Obedience Trialling.

Hi Scouty, yes I'm a member, the next local trial I think is Hastings. Before I started trialling, I used to go and watch what went on asked a bizillion questions on everything so I .wasn't so raw when I started, I also was very lucky to have a mentor in those early days.Any of the triallers at club will only. be to happy to help you, you only have to ask. Welcome to the very addictive sport of Obedience Trialling.

WELL,

i utubed CCD OMG. We are soooo not ready.

Guess we will be on the side lines for a while.

Thats great cos Hastings is my club.

Guess i might see you there then :laugh:

scout

WELL,

Guess i might see you there then :)

scout

You can always post videos on the YouTube thread here and get some comments/suggestions from DOL triallers... It's very helpful! :laugh:

Even just videoing yourself and watching it back is very helpful in itself, even if you're just using it to review your own footwork, etc.

WELL,

Guess i might see you there then :confused:

scout

You can always post videos on the YouTube thread here and get some comments/suggestions from DOL triallers... It's very helpful! :laugh:

Even just videoing yourself and watching it back is very helpful in itself, even if you're just using it to review your own footwork, etc.

Def not ready to go there yet. Plus i have such a hard time getting my partner to video me riding let alone some simple footwork!!! :)

thanks again everyone.

Such a great resource this site is

scout

Hey Scouty - I go to Hastings for agility and train in obedience on the outskirts. If you see a Dally there that is us! I don't make it very often but will probably make the trial. Feel free to say hi :confused:

sorry for my ignorance, but what is a Dally? :laugh::)

sorry

scout

so i can keep an eye out for you guys

Hi Scouty, a Dally is a Dalmation, sorry but I don't belong to Hastings, I thought I saw you at Mornington a few weeks ago.However, I will be trialling at Hastings look forward to seeing you there.I have Large Munsterlanders.

Hey Scouty - I go to Hastings for agility and train in obedience on the outskirts. If you see a Dally there that is us! I don't make it very often but will probably make the trial. Feel free to say hi :laugh:

sorry for my ignorance, but what is a Dally? :confused::)

sorry

scout

:laugh: A big personality driven white dog with spots - yep, a Dalmatian! Thanks mmoo :mad

We are trialling in Obedience, Jumping and Agility and I suspect that Dallies and Boxers might have similar challenges in terms of training. There are a few people at Hastings who trial in obedience too - more probably compete in jumping/agility.

I am planning on trialling my girl.

This will be my first time as well as hers.

My instructor today at club said she was too young and immature right now.

Boston is one today and is a boxer.

This is the first time she has instructed us. So how would she know.

Should we go in and just she how she goes?

Or wait a while longer?

scout

You realy need to take your dog along to trials as many as poss to get it used to the atmosphere, you cannot replicate a trial

atmosphere, heel around the outside of the rings or in an area you can move around in an hold her atention. Don't be in to much of

a rush it is a mistake many make including myself. Age is irrelevant after all you have many years with your dog, to be playing

training and spending time with. The next thing is make your own decisions, however bare in mind the ring is not a training

place. The biggest thing most people forget if club training, is, your dog does not work with other dogs in the ring except for stays

therefore must be confidant enough to work on it's own with other rings alongside maybe back and front. Another thing I always do

is look at the dogs either side of me in the stays, aproach the owners and ask if they would like to do a mini stay outside the ring

this gets the dogs used to one another and hopefully out of any interest they might have in those dogs. There are many pitfalls in the

ring, however in the lower classes not so much but you want to aim high as poss on the scoreline so your dogs is well rounded

and ready for the higher classes like UD etc. good luck for the future my seventeen week old pup has plenty of time as yet to

get there however I have a very different aproach to when I worked my other dogs Beagie

Hey Scouty - I go to Hastings for agility and train in obedience on the outskirts. If you see a Dally there that is us! I don't make it very often but will probably make the trial. Feel free to say hi :(

sorry for my ignorance, but what is a Dally? :rofl::laugh:

sorry

scout

:rofl: A big personality driven white dog with spots - yep, a Dalmatian! Thanks mmoo :rofl:

We are trialling in Obedience, Jumping and Agility and I suspect that Dallies and Boxers might have similar challenges in terms of training. There are a few people at Hastings who trial in obedience too - more probably compete in jumping/agility.

well why didn't ya say so :mad:thumbsup:

So i am guessing you are really tall with blonde curly hair and you do the longggggest recalls, and your dog comes right to you.

Or have i mistaken you for someone else :o(probably knowing my track record getting the wrong person)

Hey Scouty - I go to Hastings for agility and train in obedience on the outskirts. If you see a Dally there that is us! I don't make it very often but will probably make the trial. Feel free to say hi :rofl:

sorry for my ignorance, but what is a Dally? :mad:laugh:

sorry

scout

:rofl: A big personality driven white dog with spots - yep, a Dalmatian! Thanks mmoo :rofl:

well why didn't ya say so :o:thumbsup:

So i am guessing you are really tall with blonde curly hair and you do the longggggest recalls, and your dog comes right to you.

Or have i mistaken you for someone else :((probably knowing my track record getting the wrong person)

That's us :rofl:

Hey Scouty - I go to Hastings for agility and train in obedience on the outskirts. If you see a Dally there that is us! I don't make it very often but will probably make the trial. Feel free to say hi :dancingelephant:

sorry for my ignorance, but what is a Dally? :D :D

sorry

scout

:laugh: A big personality driven white dog with spots - yep, a Dalmatian! Thanks mmoo :dancingelephant:

well why didn't ya say so :dancingelephant: :D

Or have i mistaken you for someone else :dancingelephant:(probably knowing my track record getting the wrong person)

That's us :eek:

:dancingelephant: