Papaw Ointment

Misha has scraped a bit of skin off her nose from chewing a bone, normally I'd leave it, just clean it if there was any dirt, the problem is that the scrape is not healing well as she keeps knocking the scab off when she returns to the bone. The scrape is not infected and I can poke it without her getting upset so I don't think it hurts, but I was wanting to put some papaw ointment on it to help with the healing, is it safe to use on a dog? especially since there is a good chance she will lick some off.

Yes, paw paw ointment is perfectly safe to put on her nose. My Cavalier had some hyperkeratosis on his nose. I put paw paw ointment on it twice a day for 2 days the the problem resolved and has never returned.

My dog has licked paw paw in the past with no problems. However since you said she keeps knocking the scab, i'd just be taking the bone from her for a few days until it's been able to start healing.

yes that would be the better solution, but I've buggered my foot and I'm hobbling around at the moment, which means searching for Misha's bone hiding spot is not so easy ( I hurt my foot in the first place in the war zone that is my garden) and I do not seem to be able to catch her with the bone.

what brand papaw ointment did you use?