Being A Breeder And Renting

Prydenjoy

Do any of the breeders here rent? How is this possible?

I've got lots of plans with my doggies, it's preventing me from doing the logical thing and selling the house to get away from this dismal relationship... Would selling the house mean throwing away plans of having more than 2 - 3 dogs?

Its a bit of a worry, I would not. Problems start if the owner wants to sell, anyone complains, they put the rent up too much etc.

Finding another rental with dogs is hard. My nephew has 1 older dog, great refs & working history & is having an awful time finding another place. Landlords have so many people to choose from.

Renting rural property they tend to be more tolerant somewhat. Daggy places are obviously more dog tolerant than nice places in sought after areas. Risky. Who can you stay with in an emergency with a heap of dogs & possibly puppies if you need to ? Consider a back up plan just in case.

It can be done, but in this day and age renting is so much harder in many ways without having dogs in the equation.

As long as you have a small (2 -3) number of dogs it can be managed, but I have to agree with Christina, it is not an ideal situtation.

Not something I would undertake lightly.

We rent from family so we manage. If this ever dries up we will be in serious trouble. We tried getting rentals a long while back, but with 8 or 9 dogs at any one time, no one wants to know you!

.gif

I know of a couple breeders that rent, the main hassel is moving and findig a place where you can keep the dogs...

True, if you can find a home with a long term arrangement and keep a small amount of dogs, no prob's at all. Usually private is the way too go.

Thanks, well it doesn't make my decision any easier anyway :laugh:

I'll look into private, there is only one place locally through the real estate website and it is way out of my price range. I'm thinking 15 km out of town would be nice. It doesn't help that Berri is a massive escape artist and I can't live anywhere near a busy road.

You're right cowanbree. It's hard to walk away from so many dreams and plans, selling the house is such a HUGE decision though. It will be made easier if I knew I would be able to find somewhere to live and stay there until I can buy a house again.