What Is Going On

Andisa

So, are you saying ALL talk about cross-breeds is also banned?

I thought it was just promotion of cross breeds and denigration of purebreds...and making sure you called your "designer" dog by it's proper name not its stupid name.

I imagine my thread is considered in this. Which is not about breeding - its about identification by people who might know about breeds.

I personally am here because before i joined I was forever reading excellent information on this site about DOG ownership, training etc which came across as very helpful and informative without any down nose looking - I hope I am not wrong. And also, because my next dog will be a bulldog and this looks like a good place to get information about my chosen breed.

Edited by lanabanana

Maybe there are more cross breed owners interested in the welfare of their dogs and come across this site. This is the only forum I have found for dog lovers.

I found another once, but it was american and not frequented very much so you often had to wait days to get a reply.

Maybe there are more cross breed owners interested in the welfare of their dogs and come across this site. This is the only forum I have found for dog lovers.

I found another once, but it was american and not frequented very much so you often had to wait days to get a reply.

I prefer to talk to people in Australia though because things can be quite different from country to country. Plus the time difference must make it difficult.

I prefer to talk to people in Australia though because things can be quite different from country to country. Plus the time difference must make it difficult.

Me too....much better talking to people who live in the same country.

Admitedly, I am not here to promote cross breeds, I am here for the information which is passed on in a really informative, educational manner and I interpretted from the rules that I didn't need to own a purebred to become a member or post about my dogs.

Can make it very uncomfortable when people are not welcoming to others who don't fit inside their idea of what is right

If you think the rules are being busted, report it. You have just started another.

Will do - it's not worth it...

eta: I am not anti crossbreeds - have owned more than my share, many friends have them and being a groomer most are crosses.

Edited by Andisa

Yes of course all dog owners are welcome here :(

And it's not so much cross breeds, as the unethical practices that come with their breeding that tend to get up the goats of those on DOL.

By all means ask questions of the breeders on this forum. They are a wealth of knowledge.

However topics that promote cross breeding are not welcome here, and anyway, why talk about that here. It would be a pretty one sided discussion :rofl:

Welcome to all the new members sprouting up :(

If you think the rules are being busted, report it. You have just started another.

eta: I am not anti crossbreeds - have owned more than my share, many friends have them and being a groomer most are crosses.

If you are not anti-crossbreed what is the problem?

There has been no promotion blah blah rules stuff

I have a crossbreed? am i not welcome? :rofl:

btw not some designer breed but a rescue

I have found in some threads you are and in others you are not LOL

I too own two crossbreeds, one from the SPCA and one of the "cutesy" ones.

Have you read the rules?

* This site is for pure bred dog discussion

The primary purpose of this forum is to promote and discuss pure bred dogs (as recognised by the ANKC) so we ask you respect our aim when visiting here. If you own a cross breed dog, you are also welcome here, but we ask that you refer to it by it's proper name (eg a pug-x or cavalier-x instead of the designer term 'pugalier')

4. No promotion of cross breeds / designer dogs

This site has nothing against cross breeds (most of us have had one at some stage in our life), however we are against the promotion of them as being superior to the purebred dog and people cashing in on the 'designer dog' craze.

We also ask that you refrain from unnecessary designer dog discussion. (ie discussion that has no real purpose other than to express dismay at the latest 'cross breed' you saw (or read about)). Sure, we all know they are out there, but we prefer to concentrate on discussing the pure bred dog (ANKC recognised breeds).

5. No denigration of pure bred dogs

Speaks for itself. If you don't think pure bred dogs make the perfect pets, then maybe this forum is not for you.

6. No denigration of responsible, registered breeders and breeding practices

Our site has a lot of breeders with a lot of knowledge to share. We will not tolerate members who denigrate (however subtle) responsible breeders and breeding practices.

ETA Chewy this isn't directed at you :rofl:

Edited by Esky the husky

Have you read the rules?

* This site is for pure bred dog discussion

The primary purpose of this forum is to promote and discuss pure bred dogs (as recognised by the ANKC) so we ask you respect our aim when visiting here. If you own a cross breed dog, you are also welcome here, but we ask that you refer to it by it's proper name (eg a pug-x or cavalier-x instead of the designer term 'pugalier')

4. No promotion of cross breeds / designer dogs

This site has nothing against cross breeds (most of us have had one at some stage in our life), however we are against the promotion of them as being superior to the purebred dog and people cashing in on the 'designer dog' craze.

We also ask that you refrain from unnecessary designer dog discussion. (ie discussion that has no real purpose other than to express dismay at the latest 'cross breed' you saw (or read about)). Sure, we all know they are out there, but we prefer to concentrate on discussing the pure bred dog (ANKC recognised breeds).

5. No denigration of pure bred dogs

Speaks for itself. If you don't think pure bred dogs make the perfect pets, then maybe this forum is not for you.

6. No denigration of responsible, registered breeders and breeding practices

Our site has a lot of breeders with a lot of knowledge to share. We will not tolerate members who denigrate (however subtle) responsible breeders and breeding practices.

ETA Chewy this isn't directed at you :rofl:

read them a number fo times and again state that:

I have not seen any promotion of cross breeds, no denigration of purebreds, no reference to crossbreeds by "designer" names and no denigration of responsible breeders or practices.

That covers all those rules....it doesnt say crossbreds cannot be discussed but that purebred discussion is the PRIMARY focus, not ONLY.

Unless there is something typed invisibly I cannt read

Edited by lanabanana

that tend to get up the goats of those on DOL.

srsly, that made me laugh out loud...

irrespective...

OP: as long as peeps are respectful to the rules and to DOL you shouldn't have any issues...

lately, i haven't seen any disrespect!

just sayin'

I have not seen any promotion of cross breeds, no denigration of purebreds, no reference to crossbreeds by "designer" names and no denigration of responsible breeders or practices.

Then you visit DOL with your eyes shut. I agree with the OP and the points being made. :rofl:

I also think it is good that all dog owners, regardless of whether they have a pedigree or mongrel, visit here.

It will make them aware of why this site promotes purebred dogs, maybe make them think twice in future about their next pet shop or BYB pup or dog, make them aware of the risks & hazards of breeding as well as educate them in many aspects of caring for their dog from health to training. Hopefully.

Isn't this what we want ?

The what cross dog is this is a bit silly, its a mongrel. With all this designer dog fad trend people seem to want to know & it is anyones guess really, maybe we should all just reply its a mongrel, problem solved :rofl: