My Puppy Is So Good!

aussielover

I thought it might be nice to write about all the good things our pups are doing and their progress!

Mindy is now sleeping through the night and no longer barking!

She has also learnt some tricks such as shake hands and "turn around"

I love teaching her new ticks and she seems to love learning.

Toilet training is going well, we have had one or two accidents inside due to my slackness (I blame masterchef! she couldn't hold on till the adbreak!)

She is settling in nicely, I can't wait till she is old enough to do lobger walks and go to the park.

Good mindy!

post-31284-1276039181_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a GREAT thread :(

katie is 10 weeks old and can shake hands, sit, roll over, drop and is learning to crawl.

She plays fetch and mostly sleeps through the night unless one of the older dogs wakes her.

She comes to work with me each day and I can ask her to go to her bed and she will lay on it quietly and play with toys waiting for me to take her for a quick spin to burn off some energy.

We're still working on toilet training though :)

Mostly she is a brilliant puppy and I am very proud of her.

Great topic :birthday:

Nandi (10 weeks) is:

- Toilet trained, she will run to the door and cry to go out..... occasional slip if I am to slow.

- Crate trained, but wakes up at 4 and after wee does not want to go back to sleep. :rofl:

- Goes to work with me and is happy to stay in her crate for almost 6 ours, just chewing her toys.

- Has learned not to chew the computer cables, couch, curtains and children. :D

- Walked about 2 meters on her lead today...... (still needs to work on that one.... :D )

Things she learned that is NOT good:

If she is tired she cries for me to pick her up.... sleeps on my lap (I love it :D ).

Is getting to be a fussy eater, I know it’s my fault but she doesn’t eat and has already lost weight. I know ....."put the food down, wait 15 min and pick it up"..... but then I think... maybe she is hungry?? :)

Great topic :birthday:

Nandi (10 weeks) is:

- Toilet trained, she will run to the door and cry to go out..... occasional slip if I am to slow.

- Crate trained, but wakes up at 4 and after wee does not want to go back to sleep. :rofl:

- Goes to work with me and is happy to stay in her crate for almost 6 ours, just chewing her toys.

- Has learned not to chew the computer cables, couch, curtains and children. :D

- Walked about 2 meters on her lead today...... (still needs to work on that one.... :D )

Things she learned that is NOT good:

If she is tired she cries for me to pick her up.... sleeps on my lap (I love it :D ).

Is getting to be a fussy eater, I know it's my fault but she doesn't eat and has already lost weight. I know ....."put the food down, wait 15 min and pick it up"..... but then I think... maybe she is hungry?? :)

If she is hungry then she will eat it! There's nothing stopping you taking it away and trying again 10 minutes later. My puppy lost weight because he didn't eat for two days. Soon figured out eating what was in front of him was a good idea!

Bundy has almost mastered heel and shake, I'm very pleased!

this is a GREAT thread :rofl:

katie is 10 weeks old and can shake hands, sit, roll over, drop and is learning to crawl.

She plays fetch and mostly sleeps through the night unless one of the older dogs wakes her.

She comes to work with me each day and I can ask her to go to her bed and she will lay on it quietly and play with toys waiting for me to take her for a quick spin to burn off some energy.

We're still working on toilet training though :birthday:

Aww! After reading that, im thinking i better get on to training mine (whos the same age!) She has just mastered 'sit'. She does fetch, but hasn't learnt to drop the item for me to throw it again! She can be pretty cluey - we've set up a gate to stop her getting to the rest of the house and she works it out every single time. She's off to puppy school soon so i am hoping i will learn stuff to so i can teach her. Toilet training is going ok - shes had a few accidents in the house but mainly due to us not taking her out quick enough after a drink or shes excited someone has came home and just cant contain herself!

But she hated her crate and cried for ages in there. Instead she goes in the laundry between 10 and 11 and is quite until 6 or 7 - and no messes either. Soon as we put her in there she doesn't even make a sound, not even a cry.

Edited by goldee

If she is hungry then she will eat it! There's nothing stopping you taking it away and trying again 10 minutes later. My puppy lost weight because he didn't eat for two days. Soon figured out eating what was in front of him was a good idea!

Thanks Bundy's Mum, I know I just have to do this and be firm about it. :birthday:

Thanks Bundy's Mum, I know I just have to do this and be firm about it. :rofl:

I think it took me a week of pandering to grow a set and be tough :birthday: I felt AWFUL but now i have a pup who eats whatever is in front of him even if he doesn't like it :)

Oreo is 18 weeks old and he learnt about 20 commands already. I haven't got time to teach him new tricks these days due to exam coming! As we are having holiday before exam and we sleep in, he doesn't make ANY noie after he wake up! :birthday: He just sits in his crate quietly and wait for me to let him out. He also doesn't make much noise throughout the day except when he sees something weird. He is also walking on my left nicely now but he still pulls occasionally when he sees something exciting.

Do you guys know the treat dispensing ball which when rolled about, treats will drop out? I bought the one with adjustable opening. Oreo figured out how to make the opening bigger!! He is just so smart!

this is a GREAT thread :rofl:

We're still working on toilet training though :birthday:

Aww! After reading that, im thinking i better get on to training mine (whos the same age!) She has just mastered 'sit'. She does fetch, but hasn't learnt to drop the item for me to throw it again! She can be pretty cluey - we've set up a gate to stop her getting to the rest of the house and she works it out every single time. She's off to puppy school soon so i am hoping i will learn stuff to so i can teach her. Toilet training is going ok - shes had a few accidents in the house but mainly due to us not taking her out quick enough after a drink or shes excited someone has came home and just cant contain herself!

But she hated her crate and cried for ages in there. Instead she goes in the laundry between 10 and 11 and is quite until 6 or 7 - and no messes either. Soon as we put her in there she doesn't even make a sound, not even a cry.

Naww, thanks.

Katie really has to be one of the most intelligent pups with the kindest nature I have EVER met. I am very very lucky.

We have had a bit of a breakthrough with the toilet training today too.

James is 22 weeks.

His recall is becoming quite good.

He has learnt to make his way to the gate when we're in the backyard and I tell him that it's time to go "Inside", which is very cute.

His loose-leash walking has improved in leaps and bounds. He actually started off as a brilliant walker, but at around 4 months, decided that it was fun to walk slightly too fast :) He had a great session at his basic puppy obedience class on Sunday arvo and has just been really great since.

He has most of his tricks down pat (really must get onto teaching him more).

And it occured to me the other day that he's actually toilet trained! I don't think he's had an accident in probably a month. There was a period there where I'd resigned myself to having a puppy with the occasional accident for god knows how long.

And a feel good story -

He and I had a little tiff yesterday afternoon. I'm his personal chew toy now that he's teething, not to mention that he seemed to be in particular pain yesterday arvo and kept moaning. I wasn't feeling too crash hot myself and he just chewed me one time too many - I was not happy and put him downstairs by himself until his dinner.

Skip ahead, at 9pmish I woke him up as he falls asleep at night and wakes up in the morning too early and I want him a bit more tired before he's down for the night. Sleepy puppy and I played for a bit until he hopped up onto the couch, kissed (slobbered on) me a few times, lay down on my lap and fell asleep. It was such an "Awww!!" moment to finish a crap day and makes me so proud of what a lovely, affectionate little pup he is.

Your puppies all sound so adorable and making great progress!

Mindy's guide dog trainer came to visit to see how she was going. She was impressed by her obedience and Mindy was a pretty good girl.

We also had a breakthrough with car travel. The trainer suggested to put her in the footwell of the front passenger seat (this is where guide dogs normally travel). We had a practice yesterday arvo- just around the block and she was sooo good- no barking, no vomiting and no pooing YAY! I don't know why she felt more comfortable in this position, I would have thought it would be more uncomfortable! We went to the shops later as well and she was fine with that too

I gave her a roo chew and some treats and she seemed quite happy with herself.

She is off too puppy class tonight, hopefully she will behave. Last week she was the naughtiest :o and had to be put in "time out".

Edited by aussielover

Sounds like everyone's pups are going really well!

Oscar is now 11 weeks old and only has the occasional accidents inside.

So far he knows -

"sit" which he mastered almost from day 1,

"leave it", which I use for him to wait for his dinner. I don't have to hold him back anymore. It also occasionally works for things that I don't want him to chew.

"come", which he will only obey when he is inside (outside there is too many distractions!)

"stay", but once again only in a no distraction situation.

We are working on "drop" at the moment.

Most importantly he hasn't chewed any of the furniture in a week or 2 yay!

He also knows to sit for pats and he rarely bites anymore.

Oh and he sleeps through the night without any accidents :o

He can be a terror at times, but he is usually pretty good.

kelari is almost 14 weeks and is learning a show stand and feet placement.

she can sit (but i haven't taught this and we don't get rewarded for this)

has an almost perfect drop.

is learning to shake hands, leave, wait

walks fine on a lead will cross over but doesn't pull

toilet training ahhhhi better be more vigilant lol but whe she does mess in the house it is actually in the toilet lol so she is in the right spot lol. (maybe i can make a step and teach her to use toilet)

is learning show teeth and open mouth.

has a pretty good come (recall) got to improve with distractions but we are getting there

post-33396-1276146758_thumb.jpg

Edited by emery

toilet training ahhhhi better be more vigilant lol but whe she does mess in the house it is actually in the toilet lol so she is in the right spot lol. (maybe i can make a step and teach her to use toilet)

has a pretty good come (recall) got to improve with distractions but we are getting there

I love rottie puppies, they are so cute! We have one in our puppy class.

I love rottie puppies, they are so cute! We have one in our puppy class.

they are such cute puppies but they grow up too fast she is almost too heavy to lift now lol. is the rotti pup in your class a lap dog??

Cool Thread!!

Emmy is 15 weeks old. Curious, adventurous, feisty, fearless and has a great love for life. She wakes up excited for the day to start!!! She is very affectionate when she wakes up and insist to have her cuddles from me, the boyfriend and Charlie before she gets off the bed. She makes us laugh every single day because we knows what she's going to do next. She only has 2 modes.. fast and faster.

She is still known as my Feral Child but in honesty, she is really a joy!! She pass Puppy Pre School with honours ( :hug: ) and currently enrolled in K9 College. She is doing good in that class, despite she doesn't have much attention span.

Tricks she knows:

High Five

Low Five

Crawl

Bow

Shake Hands

Where's Daddy?

Where's Mummy?

Roll Over (and roll back again - but she does this herself)

Bedtime (she runs into the bedroom and jumps on the bed)

Lights Out (she lays down to her area of the bed to sleep)

Training she knows:

Sit

Drop

Stand

Wait

Leave it

Come (although her version of Come is literally launching in my arms and her paws hugging my face.. but, at least she has a solid recall, huh?)

Give

We started on Target training with her, but stopped and started with Clicker Training (due to K9 College training method). We are still working on toilet training. She is awesome when we are at home and can take herself outside, but when we aren't home then she gets naughty. She sleeps through the night now though.

Walking on the leash with her is interesting... she can walk nicely on the leash, but most of the time, she forgets she's on the leash and will make a run on something she wants to investigate.

Oh yeah, she is a tantrum throwers too.

I fall in love with her every single day!