My Puppy Is So Good!

aussielover

Im jut pleased with Mia, after working with Jane Harper, being able to get her to focus is easy! *w a a a aaaatch* and YES! Good Dog!

Sooo simple but getting her focus is going to make things easier. Im noticing a difference already. She is SO responsive and eager!

Snugglies for Mia hooray!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kelari is almost 14 weeks and is learning a show stand and feet placement.

she can sit (but i haven't taught this and we don't get rewarded for this)

has an almost perfect drop.

is learning to shake hands, leave, wait

walks fine on a lead will cross over but doesn't pull

toilet training ahhhhi better be more vigilant lol but whe she does mess in the house it is actually in the toilet lol so she is in the right spot lol. (maybe i can make a step and teach her to use toilet)

is learning show teeth and open mouth.

has a pretty good come (recall) got to improve with distractions but we are getting there

I love rottie puppies, they are so cute! We have one in our puppy class.

they are such cute puppies but they grow up too fast she is almost too heavy to lift now lol. is the rotti pup in your class a lap dog??

Totally! He is the only puppy bigger than mine though! So cute. He has a white patch on his chest which is pretty cute.

Cool Thread!!

Emmy is 15 weeks old. Curious, adventurous, feisty, fearless and has a great love for life. She wakes up excited for the day to start!!! She is very affectionate when she wakes up and insist to have her cuddles from me, the boyfriend and Charlie before she gets off the bed. She makes us laugh every single day because we knows what she's going to do next. She only has 2 modes.. fast and faster.

She is still known as my Feral Child but in honesty, she is really a joy!! She pass Puppy Pre School with honours ( :hug: ) and currently enrolled in K9 College. She is doing good in that class, despite she doesn't have much attention span.

Tricks she knows:

High Five

Low Five

Crawl

Bow

Shake Hands

Where's Daddy?

Where's Mummy?

Roll Over (and roll back again - but she does this herself)

Bedtime (she runs into the bedroom and jumps on the bed)

Lights Out (she lays down to her area of the bed to sleep)

Training she knows:

Sit

Drop

Stand

Wait

Leave it

Come (although her version of Come is literally launching in my arms and her paws hugging my face.. but, at least she has a solid recall, huh?)

Give

We started on Target training with her, but stopped and started with Clicker Training (due to K9 College training method). We are still working on toilet training. She is awesome when we are at home and can take herself outside, but when we aren't home then she gets naughty. She sleeps through the night now though.

Walking on the leash with her is interesting... she can walk nicely on the leash, but most of the time, she forgets she's on the leash and will make a run on something she wants to investigate.

Oh yeah, she is a tantrum throwers too.

I fall in love with her every single day!

emmy is absolutely gorgeous and obviously very clever too!

Does she sleep on your bed?

BTW what is target training?

wow, there's some impressively clever puppies (with impressively clever and dedicated owners) here.

Seems Katie and I have some catching up to do...and I thought we were doing well :rofl:

Exactly what I was thinking..... :rofl:

CW EW, if I tell Nandi to come she just look at me thinking, “why would I" and ignores me.... :eek:

It sounds like dogzonline has a lot of really happy puppies!

(Wake Nandi up to do some training....... :hug: )

emmy is absolutely gorgeous and obviously very clever too!

Does she sleep on your bed?

BTW what is target training?

Yes, she does sleep in my bed. She stretches out at the end of the bed. It's easy for me to take her out at nights when she still woke up 2 times a night to go outside to do her business.

4598185376_c095f77357.jpg

one of my fave photo of Emmy sleeping

This website explains it much better than I could ever explain it! :hug:

Target training

Edited by CW EW

Morrison is 17 weeks, and doesn't seem to have an off switch.

He only knows sit and down and stay. His recall isn't that great, but when he does come, he rushes up to me. ( sounds like a galloping pony)

Morrison will wait for his food, most of the time.

He is really good in the car - just sleeps. I used to have trouble getting him in and out of the car, I had to carry him. Two weeks ago he decided to get in the car himself, makes our life easier.

Behaves better at the vets.

His adult teeth are starting to come in. Yay.

He loves playing fetch, has figured out that He has to bring the ball back to me.

I'm on mid year break, so I have plenty of time to work with him properly.

wow, there's some impressively clever puppies (with impressively clever and dedicated owners) here.

Seems Katie and I have some catching up to do...and I thought we were doing well :rofl:

Exactly what I was thinking..... :rofl:

CW EW, if I tell Nandi to come she just look at me thinking, “why would I" and ignores me.... :rofl:

It sounds like dogzonline has a lot of really happy puppies!

(Wake Nandi up to do some training....... :hug: )

well I thought Katie was clever until I read this thread.

Still very proud of her though...but I know what you mean about the 'come' thing

Katies general response to that is: :eek:

Guest belgian.blue

Badger is 15 and a half weeks old :eek:

He has slotted in to the life of Ivy and I perfectly. We both adore him very much! Though he's becoming a really big stocky boy and is already just over 15 kgs :(

He hasn't really learnt any tricks, yet. Just good behavour. Crate trained to a T and toilet trained since the last two weeks. Sleeps through the night and wakes about 6am, which is when I'm up for work anyways.

Doesn't really chew anything and LOVES pigs ears.

He listens soooo well so teaching him tricks will be no problem, just letting him be a puppy :)

Oh yeah, he has been in a small crate in the car since he arrived but last weekend we bought him a harness and tried it yesterday [without Ivy in the car] and he was amazing. Just layed on the backseat while I drove. Whinged a little. Didn't try to jump around at all!

Badger is the most bestest Pointer in the entire world .. I'm truly smitten with him :laugh:

So glad everyone else pups are going well, such a great idea for a thread.

Isaak is 9 weeks old and he's definitely mastered the art of being cute. Oh my god he is the cutest puppy ever.

He eats chicken necks like he's wrestling a crocodile, and can sneak kibble from the big dogs bowls by doing a 'between their legs' ambush while they're busy eating.

He has learned where his own bag of puppy kibble is kept and when he hears the pantry door open, he dives in there and grabs a piece out of the bag.

He can wee on command but he hasn't quite got the other bit mastered yet. No time for trick training as I've been working ridiculous hours this week, but that's coming.

The big Aussies absolutely adore him and they play with him til he's worn out and collapses on the floor with them for a big snooze.

Guest belgian.blue
they play with him til he's worn out and collapses on the floor with them for a big snooze.

Makes raising a puppy so much easier when you have an adult dog hey!?

Ivy wears Badger out for me :)

I am proud of my puppy who managed to leave the two men "embracing the morning sun" alone on her morning walk - AND she dropped the piece of dead Galah when I asked her too. She informed me that the man demolishing the house two doors down was actually suspicious with all his noises, and suggested we go check him out. We did this (by lifting her up so she could see over the fence) but upon discovering he actually drove a large yellow excavator which was in face EATING the house two doors down, she informed me that we should just keep a wary eye out. I am proud of her for letting me know cats are in fact walking about with invisible coats on (only she can spot them) and finally I am proud that "wait" no actually means "sit still till I call you", not "wait till my back is turned then wiggle forward and sit still quickly as I turn around". :)

Wow, I'm so proud of Harley, but reading this thread makes me realise he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed!

Harley is 16.5wks old and weighs 27.5kgs - he's a big boy!

He's brilliant at sit and wait (stay), about 80% on drop and walking on a loose lead, his recall is quite good but he suffers from distractions too. Luckily I can still catch him! He will sit for his food and not move until I tell him 'free', he'll drop anything out of his mouth if I tell him 'out', he'll roll ontohis back for me if I tell him 'show me'.

He sleeps all night and if we don't want to get up when its his wake up time (6am) he'll quite happily go back into his 'room' and amuse himself for another couple of hours. He is doing very well with toilet training - our biggest frustration is that he'll go just outside and wee on the mat :)

But he is the most loving little man, still trys to curl himself onto my lap even though he weighs nearly half as much as i do already and he LOVES cuddles.

Dogs really are the best people - when my dogs look at me with that love and trust shining out of his eyes, wow. What a feeling.

Yay for dogs!

Porthos is 21 weeks old, weighs 5.4kg and;

• Sleeps through the night (most of the time)
  • Sits on command
  • Shakes a paw on command
  • Goes into the "down" position (most of the time) on command
  • Has a good recall (as tested off lead at dog training) ~ scary stuff!
  • is fully toilet trained and will go outside or if locked inside, pees on puppy pads
  • is a complete nutter who terrorises his older "Brother" Dog :(

I :) the little bugger :laugh:

Susan

oh my goodness this is the worst thread ever!!!!! I've never read something so heart breaking!

my puppy is soooooooo naughty!!!!! i'm so jealous of you guys and your beautiful puppies lol! :) i think you've had your fun, and now you can stop talking about your wonderful dogs because its just too unfair for people like me who have a little monster :(

my little foster puppy is around 11wks old and is possible the dumbiest naughtiest puppy in the world, his name should be Marley, but that dog was good compared to my little one! he is the most, THE MOST, adorable little being in the world :eek: in the looks department he checks all the boxes and gets an A+ for that, but he has everything else back to front. he is a lab x, possibly with a gremlin???

poor confused little guy :laugh: i've never met a puppy that is so hard to toilet train, and one that pees and poops so much, its endless! he bites and cant stand being alone. He also has a massive overbite, but that actually just adds to the cuteness :eek: . maybe i am being a tad too harsh on him, maybe ive just met awesome puppies up until now? lol its not a great advert for a dog thats looking for a home is it?

he did the cutest thing the other day, it was very naughty, but cute. he bolted inside and went straight for the cats food. he slid around the corner into the laundry where the food is and when i caught up to him he was lying on the ground splayed out with his head in the bowl inhalling all the food!! he didnt even bother to stand up lol!!!! i wish i had taken a photo :eek: i dont regret fostering him though, way better than him ending up in the pound where he was about to go. poor little confused mite :)

lol anyone want a puppy?

Porthos is 21 weeks old, weighs 5.4kg and;

• Sleeps through the night (most of the time)
  • Sits on command
  • Shakes a paw on command
  • Goes into the "down" position (most of the time) on command
  • Has a good recall (as tested off lead at dog training) ~ scary stuff!
  • is fully toilet trained and will go outside or if locked inside, pees on puppy pads
  • is a complete nutter who terrorises his older "Brother" Dog :laugh:

I :) the little bugger :eek:

Susan

My puppy school instructor said that cavvy puppies are always really good!

My puppy is now 8kg- she is growing so quickly, she has put on a kilo since last week! she is only 9 weeks old :(

she is now also going great in the car and she sleeps until 7.30am (bedtime at 11pm-11.30pm)

I'm very happy with her progress, I really find a well behaved puppy is really about anticipating and minimizing the situations that may cause potential problems.

We haven't had an accident inside for a few days now. I need her to meet some friendly big dogs though as she seems a little scared of them

We spent a lot of time and research for a puppy suitable for dog sport which we got him from Victoria and our little boy who is 4 months old now is absolutely immaculate, better than we could have ever asked for :o He's not the type of puppy that would suit everyone. he's high in drive, mouthy, dominant and bites with those needle sharp teeth :rofl: , but his nerve stability, unphased disposition, outgoing nature and trainablity is truly amazing for such a young puppy, like he has done it all before in a previous life :rofl:

Little things like throwing a ball in the backyard, 2 throws and retrieves and he's worked it out if you drop the ball we will throw it again. I am used to chasing puppies around and luring them to bring a ball back :rofl: , but this little fellow seemed to know already how the game works best and worked it out for himself. We have had some really difficult puppies over the years that have been very hard work to train when young, but this little boy every time we train and play, he learns something and responds the way you are looking for.

I think we get better at training puppies the more we have and the more we learn from previous mistakes, which may account for the next puppy that seems to respond better than the last, but our little guy is just perfect for us :)

Great to see so many people happy with their puppies and reading their stories.......terrific :laugh:

kelari is almost 14 weeks and is learning a show stand and feet placement.

she can sit (but i haven't taught this and we don't get rewarded for this)

has an almost perfect drop.

is learning to shake hands, leave, wait

walks fine on a lead will cross over but doesn't pull

toilet training ahhhhi better be more vigilant lol but whe she does mess in the house it is actually in the toilet lol so she is in the right spot lol. (maybe i can make a step and teach her to use toilet)

is learning show teeth and open mouth.

has a pretty good come (recall) got to improve with distractions but we are getting there

I love rottie puppies, they are so cute! We have one in our puppy class.

they are such cute puppies but they grow up too fast she is almost too heavy to lift now lol. is the rotti pup in your class a lap dog??

Totally! He is the only puppy bigger than mine though! So cute. He has a white patch on his chest which is pretty cute.

the white patches can crp up in any litter it is a fault though but doesn't make the any less gorgeous especuially when they sit on you when they weight 40 kilos lol

Isaak is 9 weeks old and he's definitely mastered the art of being cute. Oh my god he is the cutest puppy ever.

He eats chicken necks like he's wrestling a crocodile, and can sneak kibble from the big dogs bowls by doing a 'between their legs' ambush while they're busy eating.

He has learned where his own bag of puppy kibble is kept and when he hears the pantry door open, he dives in there and grabs a piece out of the bag.

He can wee on command but he hasn't quite got the other bit mastered yet. No time for trick training as I've been working ridiculous hours this week, but that's coming.

The big Aussies absolutely adore him and they play with him til he's worn out and collapses on the floor with them for a big snooze.

Okay help me out i have been trying to do this with kelari by when i get her toileting saying wee or go toilet for other business. the other day she had a crook tummy anddid business when i asked but i think this was cos she still needed to go but no luck with wees i this what you did or did you do something different much help appreciated :laugh: