Kassy's Big Adventure.

Gayle.

Last night, we pulled up into the driveway at around 7pm, to find Benson there ready to greet us....on the wrong side of the gate! I could see Dusty in the backyard but not our old Lhasa, Kassy. My husband grabbed a torch and went to look for her, no luck so he got in the car and went for a drive while I organised the other dogs.

He came back about 10 minutes later. He'd been to the local general store which is about 2 blocks from our place. He asked if they'd seen a little long haired dog with a coat on, yes they had, they saw her out in the rain wandering so went and got her and tied her up under their porch. As they are a food shop, they couldn't bring her inside but they gave her something to eat and hoped someone would come by and recognise her.

We've only lived here for around 6 weeks so no one knows us or our dogs.

Anyway, earlier that evening, a lady stopped in at the store and asked about the dog tied up. She apparently breeds Lhasas, and she left her name and phone number with the shop owner, took Kassy home with her so she'd be safe and warm.

My husband headed out to their place to collect her and came home THREE hours later! He made new friends. And so did Kassy. She'd been bathed, brushed, blow dried and came home sporting a brand new pink puffy coat with the words SPOILT! on the back.

Some people are so lovely. And it's nice to know we've moved to a village where people care about dogs and look out for the wanderers.

Now we need to figure out how the brains trust of the doggy family let himself and Kassy out.

Agree, but in the meantime, you must have been worried sick, GayleK

Yes, I'm not talking about how I felt or what might have happened. Just very glad she found a kind soul to take care of her, and very, very grateful.

Piccies....well, she's still in bed. She apparently needs her beauty sleep to recover from the makeover.

When Rick brought her home last night, the other dogs went to check on her and sniff her new winter-wear. She growled at them, like she was saying "This is MY coat, now back off".

Edited by GayleK