Capalaba Pet Food

Hi there,

Does anyone use Capalaba Pet Food in Brisbane for their meats? Looking for reccomendations.

Cheers,

Jacqui

Yes, we buy our dog food from them. The ladies there are very helpful and will cut the meat fresh and bag it into half kilo or kilo bags, whatever your pref. They have a large variety of meats to choose from, check out their website capalabapetfood.com. Our dogs like the fresh beef but not too keen on the roo (it's a bit strong smelling). Chicken necks are great too. We're working our way through the different things they offer. They'll deliver if your order is over or close to $50 but that's a lot to freeze unless you share with someone. We used to buy from a local butcher shop cos it was cheap but sometimes the meat and chicken was not the best and the dogs just wouldn't eat it. I'd recommend them because their meat has always been fresh and the dogs love it.

I am at Russell Island and get to Capalaba every week or two...I didn't know they existed.

I have just emailed them to ask if they supply (or can get) turkey mince.

I see they do have chicken mince but the local butcher here does make me up mince from chicken frames which are ok for Penny as she doesn't have much in the way of teeth and is allergic to any red meat.

Turkey mince is a bit better though as it has less fat.

Thanks for your question Jacquilee81...at least we can all make use of it! :thumbsup: