Rusty Fish Hooks

spottychick

Just a quick vent.

It's only due to sharp eyesight and reflexes that I don't have a nasty situation with my girl Pepper. While walking today she went to grab a stick that was lying a little way off the path next to the river but I glanced at it and stopped her in time. It had fishing line wound around it several times, with a couple of small floats and several rusty hooks hanging off it. :) One of them was a triple hook and it clearly had an interesting smell around it. A second similar stick with more hooks was lying nearby.

What is wrong with people that they can't clean up after themselves?

I took them with us to dispose of properly at home. I didn't want to put it in a public bin because I could imagine someone accidentally grabbing it or the rubbish collector getting the hooks stuck in them.

Not nice.

This is something that drives me nuts! We get alot of hooks and line strewn around the lake where I walk my dogs, it always gets worse on the school holidays. A walk along St kilda pier is fraught with danger for people and dogs.

As well as poop I pick up any line, hooks or rope on the beach. Maybe that is one less marine death. I think it is because rock fishermen cut their lines when they get hooked on the seeweed etc.

We get lots of rock fishing here even thou we the odd one or two getting wet.