Still Missing You Boy..... *cry*

k9angel

On sunday 1st July 2007 I lost one of my best ever mates "Claude".

Claude was born 8.5.01 under my very bed. He was a Siberian husky who had the most gorgeous blue eyes imagineable.

He was the last of 3 to be born. All 3 lived their lives with me, for I couldnt never part with them OR their Mummy, Gypsy.

Claude was the 'town clown' as we called him. He was such a character and had the most gentle, placid nature.

He liked to talk you see, and when I lived in Manildra (population of 500) the locals came to love Claudey boy for his soft gentle nature and also the fact he would have a good yarn to them when they stopped by to say hello. :laugh:

He was a gem. There was always something about Claude that melted by heart. He could do no wrong and was my very first husky boy. I treasured him. He lived a good life. He would come bushwalking, yabbying, fishing - you name it.

Wherever there was me, there was Claude.

Claude was sick a few says before he died. Nothing serious, just a little off colour and he certainly showed no signs that he was about to leave me forever.....

It passed and he seemed fine again.

The day before he died, he was not his usual self again. He was too quiet, seemed too distant.

That night I gave him a special treat of roast chicken (off bone) and he ate it slowly but surely. The next day was a Sunday.

He was acting weird all day. He was laying in places that he wold not normally lay. I remember sitting out the back and seeing his beautiful face staring from me as he sat beside the fence.

He seemed really distant again and I called the vet hospital at lunch time to see if I could bring him in. I explained his symptoms and they said he should be fine until the morning as they were closed and only open for emergencies. If only I knew. :o

Later that day I spent time with Claude brushing him and talking to him in preperation for his vet visit. You know I remember saying to him as I looked into his teary eyes "Gotta make you look beautiful boy, incase your gonna meet your maker".

I do not know what made me say those words.....

A short time later I called Claude really loudly at the back door and looked to find him unconcious. :) Blacky and Whitey were standing around him howling and trying to get him to wake up. Jay Jay, his sister did this eerie howl. I knew something was terribly wrong.

His eyes were half open and his chest rising very slowly, but only just.

I raced outside picked him and up and bought him inside. I packed Jack into the car (he was 6 or so mths then) and we rushed to the vet.

What followed is something I will never forget and will remain with me forever.

They worked so hard pumping adrenalin into his chest, cpr - you name it. I was screaming at the top of my lungs and poor Jack cried a cry I have not heard before or since.

It was awful and seemed to go on forever. Finally they pronounced him 'gone'.

I am crying now as I recall that day. :(

I stayed with him for a long time afterwards. Stroking his fur and kissing his nose and talking to him. I promised I would see him again one day and we would be together again.

It was hard to leave. I dont think I realised this was final - he was gone. Something inside of me was just waiting for him to start breathing again, but he didnt and I had to leave without him. :eat: :D :rofl:

I came back in 2 weeks to pick my boy up in an urn and his ashes sit safely in my wall unit, while his memory remains forever - in my heart.

R.I.P. Claudey boy

Mummy

x x x

x x

x

Every year to the the day I light a candle in memory of my boy and let it burn throughout the night, watching it flicker in the wind and remembering all our good times together. Tonight will be no different and a candle will burn brightly for Claude.

I also place fresh flowers on the fence. (pink roses this morning) in dedication to my boy.....

Edited by k9angel

I am sitting at my desk at work feeling your pain like it all just happened today. Some dogs just have the affect on us don't they. I have a boy gone for almost 3 years now and I still call for him when I call all the other dogs. I still see collars and coats that would look good on him and if a storm is coming I have to remind myself not to worry - he no longer needs human help to get through it. He was a needy boy that the whole family took under their wing so we've all ahd to make adjustments to him not being around, but that doesn't mean we have to forget.

I had my boy for a long time though and can't imagine what it would be like to lose one when they still seem so young. It's good that you still remember him and how special he was to you. Hopefully how he left you will not always be such a strong memory. It was obviously his time.

Big hugs to you Rachel

xxx

• 11 months later...

It has been 4 years today since I lost my dear Claudey boy. :(

Not a day passes that I do not think of you boy.

I hope you, Cass and Jay are taking care of Whitey for me and I hope you're all running free and happy.

Mummy :heart::hug: