When You Just 'click' With A Breed

HeavyPaws

I wish it would happen with my OH... and boy do i wish it was with an English Setter! :laugh:

I clicked with ES when i first saw them in a book when i was 8. We had Weimaraners so no chance getting one until i was older, as the Weimaraner was my mum's "click" breed! Whenever i saw ES (rarely) at shows, i'd be close to tears because to me they were the most beautiful breed I had ever seen, and i wanted so much to have one of my own.

I got another Weimaraner after my ES boys because i knew the breed and wanted to do a little more than anEnglish Setter will permit :laugh: Funnily enough, my OH appears to be more fond of the weimaraner than of the ES, so i have a feeling there will be many more in our lives! But still, I do not think he has clicked...

Edited by SparkyTansy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My OH and I absolutely love huskies! My OH really wanted one, but we decided that it was not the right breed for us at this time, so we got a GR instead! He has been wonderful and we love him to death... but I do hope that one day we can have a beautiful husky :laugh:. I think our husky obsession comes from the fact that we think my crossbreed girl has husky in her.

My OH also has a thing for GSDs.

Thats gold! :laugh:

Its funny i found my breed by accident, i met my puppy when helping someone else pick her puppy. We now have three GSP's and although i have many breeds on my one day list i will ALWAYS have a GSP by my side. :laugh:

I knew when I was 8, and my brother came home with a 5 week old (i know.. the owner was going to drown the litter because they were too much hassle :rofl: ) SBT that i would always have one in my life.

I love Bull Terriers, but if i have to pick, it is the SBT that wins hands down. I will always have one in my life :)

my OH always had ridgies when younger

but i have introduced him to so many other breeds

im so glad he geniunely enjoys our dogs for what they are

ok...and even if he secretly doesnt favour all of them he always treats them equally and finds something nice to say to all of them

this is really important too i think especially when the dogs belong to the kids who are very besotted with their own dogs

it is nice to click with a breed...yep it is a special bond but it is nice also to appreciate other qualities in other breeds...i love this in a man...

I'm lucky cause my OH's click breed when we met, was and always will be, the GSD ,as it was mine also. :)

I think my next most favouritest (is that a word LOL) would be an Aussie, and then on the list of maybe one day, is a Berner, just love the look of them :laugh:

I do have the softest spot also for Irish and English Setters, which I owned for years , but dont think I would get another :laugh:

Its our GSD's through and through now ;)

Mine is the French Bulldog.

I had them about 10 years ago and went through a lot of heartache with them.

It has taken me a long time to heal but knew I could never really live without the breed and finally have my gorgeous Lilly.

I even have my first Frenchie tattooed on my arm.

Leanne

Edited by Ozstar Kennels

:thumbsup:

I love this thread!

My heart belongs to Labradors...I love all dogs, and have had many growing up. I have even rescued a couple of bitzas and will probably continue to rescue dogs throughout my life but given the choice of any pure breed I will go with a labrador any day of the week. I grew up with 2 (one yellow, one black) and just melt at the sight of one especially those beautiful puppy eyes. It breaks my heart to see soooo many overweight or not looked after they way they should. :o

My OH wants a stafford and turns to putty when he sees one so now we have to extend the family for his fave breed too. :wave:

MM