Agility Training Talk Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys - both my dogs are loving their evening training at the moment. I'm using it TP feed them their meals - raw! This is something Mia skosgar does - no treats.

Here are some pics of our session this evening (I got home early):

Did someone say "it's time to work?":

f5a6dda6.jpg

Really?

8a34d378.jpg

Look ma, I can tug:

af1a33fc.jpg

Lucy is enjoying it too, when it is her turn she does a dance of joy. In this pic she is trying to contain her excitement so she sits - but you can see the blur of the tail:

eddec6e5.jpg

In a way, the injury has been for the better. A good reminder for me that we do agility for fun.

I am so annoyed with myself.

Had a club trial yesterday and after a great start, I mucked up the second half of the course. Completely my fault as I did a last minute change of tactic (as my dog was running faster than I expected) and obviously my dog picked up on my confusion :(

we could have gone up to the next level if we had a clear round...

She did the second attempt at the course perfectly, so I guess it goes to show the difference between good handling and crap handling... and that it is almost always the handlers fault when there is a mistake.

Was very pleased with her second run as not only did she do it perfectly there were lots of distractions as all the beginners had their turn before and had dropped food all over the place (big deal for a lab to ignore) and some had even peed on some of the equipment or in the ring!

Don't be too hard on yourself aussielover - trust me, you'll make hundreds more mistakes in agility. Be happy with the good stuff that you and your dog did yesterday :D

I tend to classify all my training/trialling into 3 things that went really well, and 3 things I need to work on. That way it's not about things that went wrong, it's about developing my next training plan in a positive way and recognising the progress.

Don't feel too bad about not being graded up either, there is always something you can work on even when you think you're being held back. There isn't too many dogs out there suffering from foundation overload ;)

To the Agility competitors who entered Bairnsdale trials this weekend 3rd & 4th March, just heard from the committee the trials are still on :) they were complentating on cancelation due to wet weather, the grounds have been given the all clear

For those who also do Obedience trials & need UD & UDX sent descrimination, seekback items I will be at Bairnsdale with a few sets for sale also leather leads, come & see me at RING 2, I will be the Assembley steward :)

Edited by murve

Do you sell scent discrimination article sets, murve? What are your prices like? Also, what are you seekback articles made of and how much? Do you post? :thanks:

Hi RubyStar thanks for you enquiry :) I wasnt expecting an inquiry so quick, anyway here are the prices, we hope they are fair & reasonable

We can sell Scent Discrimination as a fullset (leather, wood & metal) or individual sets

Full Set $ 30.00 (wood, leather, with plain metal)

Full Set ( wood, Leather & Knurled Metal) $ 50.00

5 No. Wood Set $ 12.00

5 No. Leather Set $ 12.00

5 Metal $ 12.00

5 Knurled $ 32.00

Seekback articles are made of Leather & are embossed with the word "seek" $ 7.00

All articles are made to ANKC rules standard

P&H 7.00 Aus wide

Edited by murve

What colour are your seekback articles and are they square or round? Do you have a photo of one you could show me please?

I will dig them out of the car & take some pics for you :) no probs

Orbee ball rope Ifind is crap! Too hard and comes undone too easily for me. I bought some bungee cord at a ship chandler's and threaded that through the ball, put a single knot in the loop and much better for tugging, especially on the shoulders!

Given where you're located Nekhbet, do you have the ability and any plans to rent out the equipment/space at all and is it competition standard gear? I'm possibly on the lookout for a different training location that's closer than heading to Melbourne but I'm not interested in classes.