No Reason, Just Playing Around

kja

Playing with my Sigma 30 1.4 on my Canon 1DIII. This lens is built to be used on 1.6 crops, like the Canon xxxD and xxD series bodies. It is a freakin' amazing lens - 1.4, pin sharp wide open, adores low low light, nice speedy AF & doesn't hunt. I knew that she was still good at 1.4-2.2 or thereabouts but I'd never really done my own shooting with the 1.3 crop camera and I wanted something fun to do this afternoon.

Unless I was shooting a very light background that was vital, even f8 works and it can almost be fully rectified in LR3. If I had to do it the remaining bits could even be fixed in Photoshop, if one was so inclined. No idea why I'd shoot this lens at f8 but interesting to see that the vignette was no where as bad as I thought it would be. My test shots against a white background are simply too boring for words so here's some of the pets in more "real world" shots :) There's no correction done to these - you can see the top two corners have just a touch of darker exposure (that's the vignetting) but it doesn't bother me and I'd probably go further with it in these types of shots anyway.

Harry @ f8.0

JUL_114.jpg

@6.3 - yes, he pretty much loves when I haul out the cameras

JUL_115.jpg

My big girl, Dora @f1.4

JUL_116.jpg

No reason, just relaxing on a Friday arvo!

Edited by kja