Puppy From Royal Canin Gsd To Raw

Beware of feeding roo meat alone, tails are ok. I found one my gsd,s lost condition really fast when feed it. And there is nothing to stop you cooking the meat up with rice and pasta like another poster said into a stew like meal. Its an easy way to get quantity and not have to prepare each day.

Roo meat is very lean, and good for trimming down and also where a low fat diet is needed. In raw feeding, variety is the key. There are so many cuts of meat around to choose from and I feel better fed raw, rather than cooked.

Dogs do not need pasta/rice ,IMO unless they are ill or are on a special diet .

Keep your little one on what she is used to - and add yummy meaty bones which are suited to her chewing level :) Now, she could probably comfortably cope with chicken necks or wings...then build up to chicken frames/turkey necks/lamb flabs.. then roo tails etc.,as she gets stronger.

Beware of feeding roo meat alone, tails are ok. I found one my gsd,s lost condition really fast when feed it. And there is nothing to stop you cooking the meat up with rice and pasta like another poster said into a stew like meal. Its an easy way to get quantity and not have to prepare each day.

Roo meat is very lean, and good for trimming down and also where a low fat diet is needed. In raw feeding, variety is the key. There are so many cuts of meat around to choose from and I feel better fed raw, rather than cooked.

I cook it as sometimes my dogs go off raw food, they just refuse to it. In fact they have just gone through such a stage, seeing I can,t refreeze it I cook it and low and behold they eat it. I suppose they like a bit variety!!

What is the critical growth faze for a gsd I have a great dane cross and that faze is til 18 month I think is it similar for a gsd?

I'm thinking I may as well just keep the pup on RC GSD 30 until 15 months like it says on the pack or could I change to Raw sooner - I only want the best for my pup so I'm finding out before I get her.

Thanks for all the comments so far it has been helpful.

The critical growth phase for a Dane is up until about 10-12months. The critical growth period is the period where by they do the majority of their growing. After about 12months the growth rate slows right down, but they still continue to grow slowly sometimes up until 2-3years.

I would say a GSD had come through its critical phase by about 10months.

I love feeding a raw diet and will probably always do it, but as for growing a large breed puppy on raw? No way. Too risky, IMO. If you stuff up the calcium/phosphorus ratio you can end up with terrible growth problems. Too much fat and you end up with OCD etc. Not worth the risk, personally, when there are good quality, perfectly formulated dry foods around.

In saying that though, I take my hat of to those who've researched raising puppies on raw foods and who know how to get it right. But unless you know what you're doing 100% and understand the balances and ratios, I'm just not sure it's worth risking.