Quoted About Dogs

Ashanali

There's some on my calender...

My little dog - a heatbeat at my feet (Edith Wharton)

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealosy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring- it was peace (Milan Kundera)

Are these the sort you're after?

Ok, here goes...

A really companionable and indispensable dog is an accident of nature. You can't get it by breeding for it, and you can't buy it with money. It just happens along. (E.B.White, The care and Training of a dog)

Even the smallest poodle or Chihuahua is still a wolf at heart (Dorothy Hinshaw Patent, Dogs: The Wolf Within) :laugh: I like that one!

When a dog runs at you, whistle for him (Henry David Thoreau) Not sure about that one...

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion (Unknown) ;) ;) :confused: I love love love that one

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. (Mark Twain)

there's more...

J'embrasse mon chien sur la bouche! (I kiss my dog on the mouth)(Unknown)

In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him (Dereke Bruce)

Our perect companions never have fewer than four feet (Coleete)

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. (Samual Butler; Notebooks 1912)

"Rambunctious, rumbustious, delinquent dogs become angelic when sitting." - Dr. Ian Dunbar

"I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that." - W. Dayton Wedgefarth

"I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that." - W. Dayton Wedgefarth

:laugh: ;) I've just read that one.