Crash Hats For Dogs

Prinsesse

Does anyone know where i can get a crash hat for my Dalmatian Puppy? I know they are available in the US. I tried google "Aust supplier"but didn't get anywhere. My pup is now five months old and has a haematoma on the top of her head. the vet tried to surgically remove it but it got worse and now that the scar has healed, i want to try and get the lump to go down because she's not such a pretty prinsesse anymore with this great lump.

Any assistance or even advice/experience with similar, would be appreciated.

The lump will go down eventually - if there is scar tissue there it will take longer. She may always have a slight lump there- who knows- but she is still your lovely dog :)

Dogs are like kids- they get bumps/bruises and cuts. They run into things, they fall over, they get scratched- They heal. :)

I would not think a HAT is necessary unless your dog has fragile bones/skull/brain injury.

• 3 weeks later...
Wouldnt the hat press on the lump and hurt??? Just wondering.

Also it might help to investigate some natural therapy to help reduce the scarring.

Wow! thanks everyone - for your resoponses.

She actually bolted into a chair with a large person sitting on it (so the chair didn't budge) and she took the brunt of it (at 31/2 months old) it didn't stop her from charging around but the next day "the Lump"

Yes it was the wrong move - having surgery as it made things worse.

Yes i have been treating with heat packs and massage and it has gone down in the last two weeks and then stopped.

No it doesn't hurt to touch and i've been putting a bit of pressure on it every night for about 1/2 hour during heat packs and then lightly massaging after that.

She is the most gorgeous thing.

cheers,

The lump will go down eventually - if there is scar tissue there it will take longer. She may always have a slight lump there- who knows- but she is still your lovely dog :laugh:

Dogs are like kids- they get bumps/bruises and cuts. They run into things, they fall over, they get scratched- They heal. :)

I would not think a HAT is necessary unless your dog has fragile bones/skull/brain injury.

Yes they are like kids. She is so good and i just want her to get better so she can enjoy being a puppy.

:-)