Oh Bellatrix...

Cute cute cute. I totally treasure my newborn photos of Ed (taken by the ever lovely Ashanali).

Your most recent are gorgeous Bec :laugh:

I must admit though, I am not a fan of the 'head in hands' thing, it just looks a bit weird to me :confused:

Oh I love that book. My SIL got it for Mothers Day and its just beautiful. I did wonder how they did the head in hands thing and now read that its due to photoshop.

Those were my first baby shots! I was so nervous but I'm happy with them. Mum and dad love them so Im stoked :laugh:

I knew it wouldnt be long before you were in here for a cluck cluck :confused:

Edited by becandcharch

I neeeeeeeed someone near me to have a baby, I really want to take some newborn pics. And I am so not having another one :o

Just start hanging out at in your local maternity ward and make some new friends. Not weird at all! :confused:

When I do the 36 week bloods at work on pregnant ladies, I always want to say "So... if you want some reduced rate newborn photos done...." :laugh: My boss thinks I should start handing out business cards when they come in.. um no :o

EFS

Edited by Bellatrix

Oh how gorgeous!! thanks Bec!!

I bought a crochet cocoon for the newborn im photographing on monday, as well as some other small props :laugh:

Huga, id love to see the pics Ash did of Ed!! :confused:

THAT explains why you were asking about crocheting on FB! Thought you had turned into grandmama :o

Where did you buy it?

I bought a crochet cocoon for the newborn im photographing on monday, as well as some other small props :o

THAT explains why you were asking about crocheting on FB! Thought you had turned into grandmama :o

Where did you buy it?

LOL.. Well, actually.. I am... :laugh: :D

Na, I just wanna get into it so I can make some cute things!

I got the cocoon off ebay, the seller makes them to order so I ordered a fuchsia pink one :) but also, last night I found heaps of beautiful things on etsy... :)

It is american based but some people do ship to Australia...

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?sea...de&ref=auto

Haha, love the name - Womb with a View. http://www.madeit.com.au/storecatalog.asp?userid=3912

They are in SA too :)

ooooh!

I bought a crochet cocoon for the newborn im photographing on monday, as well as some other small props :laugh:

Did you never see them? It was over a year ago now, I suppose... Time is getting away from me! I had maternity ones and newborn ones done:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/savvystudios/...57613078254826/

I neeeeeeeed someone near me to have a baby, I really want to take some newborn pics. And I am so not having another one :)

Just start hanging out at in your local maternity ward and make some new friends. Not weird at all! :o

When I do the 36 week bloods at work on pregnant ladies, I always want to say "So... if you want some reduced rate newborn photos done...." :o My boss thinks I should start handing out business cards when they come in.. um no :D

EFS

Oh, do you work for one of the pathology places? I had no idea. I don't know why that suprises me, I expected you to do something arty I suppose :)

Actually, that's what Rocco said to me when she found out I have a science degree :)

Edited by huga

Huga they are just GORGOEUS!

Yeah, Im a Registered Nurse and did my Paramedic course last year so im hoping to get a job as a Paramedic soon! (they are advertising this month!!)

Oh cool. I'm jealous. I feel like I've been out of the workforce forever and am a bit lost about where to start again. Being a nurse and a paramedic is a proper career and I don't think you will ever be short of work.

Anyway, major hijack. Sorry Bec :confused:

Before anyone goes out and tries to hang babies from trees in cheesecloth or put them in potato sacks and sit them upright or bends a baby into poses that are unnatural, I'd like you all to take note of this part of the Kelley Ryden interview:

Another popular pose, one Raver came up

with, is with the baby’s head propped on his

or her tiny hands. It’s a beguiling pose, in part

because it doesn’t look possible. In fact, it’s only

possible through Photoshop. “Tracy always

keeps her hands on the baby for safety reasons,

so to get that picture we take two photos and

composite the frames together,” says Ryden.

“The babies are the most relaxed in that pose.

A mommy favorite, we do it every session and

it usually goes on the birth announcement.”

These images are ALWAYS composites with two or more photos put together. Hands are on the baby at all times and supporting them. It is NOT SAFE to do these images without having someone brace the baby (no matter how you see some people do it on youtube tutorials :shudder: )

There is a great Aussie newborn/maternity photographer named Kelly Munce who will be speaking at "The Event" (huge photography conference and workshop with internationally renowned speakers), one of the topics she will be talking about it safety in newborn photography. Too many people don't realise that these are composite images... babies are't actually suspended from the tips of tree branches in little hessian wraps and so on.

"bendy/hanging" baby isn't for everyone to shoot. Please make sure that if you do decide to try it out, safety MUST BE PARAMOUNT at ALL times.

** I am only giving the warning because I am really shocked at what some people do to these tiny babies and it is truly terrifying what inexperienced people do because they don't know any better.**

Edited by Ashanali