Meal In The Morning Or Evening Best?

For dogs that get fed once a day.. Do you think it is better to feed in the morning or evening? Or does it not really matter? I would have thought morning, so they aren't hungry all day long, but then it's also nice going to bed with a full tummy...

We have always given our boys their food in the morning after they came home from work.

Now the boys aren't working their main meal is still in the morning so they have the day to burn off the calories. They get a lighter meal/some bones at night before bed.

I think it depends on the dog really.. you should take into consideration how much energy the dog needs, too! Perhaps try both and see what works best? Our dogs both eat in the evening for no other reason than that's always been the routine and they're used to it.

We have always given our boys their food in the morning after they came home from work.

Now the boys aren't working their main meal is still in the morning so they have the day to burn off the calories. They get a lighter meal/some bones at night before bed.

You don't want a hyperactive dog ready to go when you want to go to bed!!! (Unless you do night shift and want to sleep during the day!).

You could do lunch!

I used to feed mine at night and I always wondered if it was better then or in the morning (I used to think, especially in winter, nice to have a feed before bed so got some extra cal's to help keep warm lol), they now get fed twice a day though so problem solved lol

My Staffy's pretty much chose when they preferred to eat, which was at night time, so they get their main meal at night.

I go against most advice and actually leave dry out for them during the day so they can eat as they wish. I do this as I am confident they will not fight over it, even being two female siblings. Sometimes they will finish this off before we have left for work, sometimes it will still be in touched all day.