I Need Ideas

leopuppy04

Thanks! It does come in handy when they each come to thier name, for instance if I only want one in or out at a time I just say which one and that one comes or goes. It has certainly had other benifits. I am trying to teach Tully bow but not succedding at the moment. My friend gets her big dog to do a bow then she puts a treat on each paw while he is bowing and he leaves them there till she tells him he can have it. Mine realy only know basic stuff, shake, high five high ten, pray, beg etc. I would love to do more tricks with them, I will watch this thread with interest!

Hi TLC, why not try shaping the bow, using food to lure Tully, sit on the floor, hold the hand with the food poking out from under your leg

and as the dogs nose goes down draw it back under your leg slightly, be ready with the clicker and reward as soon as the dog assumes the right position or starts to do it(you can always build on that first move in the right direction). If Tully goes to drop be ready to pop your other hand under his/her belly. Don't worry about the command to begin with you just want the action, if you are clicking and treating Tully will offer the behaviour once he/she gets the idea and then you can put it on cue. If I haven't explained it clearly, let me know and I will see if I can video it.

• 3 weeks later...

i taught this one to try and over come leos(dally) fear of heights.... and no heights to him are the table or back of a ute.

the ladder is a 3 step ladder bough from aldi for under $50.00. i get him to climb the ladder sit on the top step and put his front paws over the bar and then do a hi five. faster he does it faster he gets a banana. now if i get the ladder and the banana he knocks you over in the rush.

yes it was a bad weather day.

i saw on funniest home videos a dog doing a boxing trick... touching left and right quickly like a boxer... hitting the training punching bag.....i can get him to do 2 or 3 sets... then the treat takes over..... and we loose the plot.

I'm teaching flash the coolie to find "insert name of cat" at the moment. With 3 cats he is going to get plenty of practice. It will be really handy if I'm not sure where they are.

He must learn though that once he finds the cat he doesn't then stalk it :p

• 2 weeks later...
No they aren't, I have a friend who has clicker trained her dog and she has been very responsive to it. Maybe I should give it a go? Can you clicker and only use clicker for tricks but not use clicker for obedience? or if I started using a clicker woudl I have to use it for everything I teach then? Mine are pretty responsive so thats why I never bothered with the clicker.

I only use the clicker when it suits me, but it does suit me alot of the time. :laugh: