Line / Lure Coursing

Can anyone tell me where I could try line / lure coursing in Adelaide South Australia?

I have a dog that I think would really love it and would like to give her a go.

I don't think there are any organisations doing proper lure coursing in SA unfortunately.

The Greyhound Owners, Trainers and Breeders Coursing club of SA has a straight track at Virginia that they do greyhound coursing at and apparently other breeds are welcome to try out, on non race days..I was going to investigate this a while ago but never got around to it.

If you end up finding anywhere else, I'd love to know too :laugh:

Can anyone tell me where I could try line / lure coursing in Adelaide South Australia?

The Greyhound Owners, Trainers and Breeders Coursing club of SA has a straight track at Virginia that they do greyhound coursing at and apparently other breeds are welcome to try out, on non race days..I was going to investigate this a while ago but never got around to it.

I'd love to check this out! What breeds of dogs do you guys have out of curiosity? Mine is an Italian Greyhound.. we've been training him agility but he's just too bloody fast and wont let me keep up.. I think he'd be much better at lure coursing seeing as he loves to chase things! lol

I'd love to check this out! What breeds of dogs do you guys have out of curiosity? Mine is an Italian Greyhound.. we've been training him agility but he's just too bloody fast and wont let me keep up.. I think he'd be much better at lure coursing seeing as he loves to chase things! lol

Skitch, if you do end up checking out the Greyhound track above let me know what you find out :rofl:

I would love to have a big open field somewhere to do field lure coursing (not sure of the right term, but it's not straight track). I think the only place in Aus that does competitive coursing is in Qld?

We have a Saluki and Pharaoh Hound, who of course would love to chase ;) Given it's what they were bred for, it would be great to let them have a chance to enjoy their natural instincts in a safe setting.

Mine is american staffy who has a very high prey drive and two very lazy Shar Pei

Lets hope we can find something between us

Cool, it sounds like all of our dogs would probably be suited to this sport! Now we just need to find somewhere to take them.. Hmm

I dont live in Adelaide but I'll try to make some inquiries through the greyhound club and maybe make a visit next time I'm down :crossfingers: