Comment Made By Rspca Chief Executive Mr. Michael Link

Moselle

175 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that Mr. Linke's statement could prove to be of detriment to the staffy or mastiff?

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT SURE

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each to their own I guess. I don't agree with Moselle at all but she's entitled to her opinion. It's not the fact that people disagreed - it's the way they did it that I don't believe was very fair to Moselle - it's little wonder she ended up getting upset about it and from the comments posted it seems that's just what posters were trying to achieve rather than debating the point.

It's labouring the point but for the record, in case you haven't seen the earlier "In the News" thread, Moselle described Michael Linke as "full of shit" and "a contradiction in terms". She also said he suffers from "foot in mouth disease" and that he was "shallow" among a a number of other unflattering adjectives. Mr Linke is well-respected in the Canberra community.

Very few respondents have been as insulting as Moselle has.

Oh sorry - as I said, I didn't agree with Moselle's comments but I forgot that just because she was insulting to Mr Linke then everyone else should sink to the same level.

I guess if she jumps off a cliff then that means everyone else should too..........

I guess my point is people can make a point without turning it into a slanging match.

Sorry - off topic - I'll stay out of things now :)

I don't get this thread at all. Some RSPCA CEO finally has the balls to stand up on a public forum and say that he doesn't support BSL, and that a "pitbull" attack could actually have been perpetrated by any number of similar looking breeds or crossbreeds, and he gets attacked for saying so? Sad, very sad. Surely we should all be shaking the man's hand & buying him a beer?

Everybody except one appears to want to get drunk with Mr Linke. :)

Beer is not my forte, LOL :hug:

Now leave me the f*** ALONE and get a life and stop turning an innocent question into some kind of saga!

Don't play with fire If you can't stand the heat! :)

Your comment stands to confirm even more so what a hypocritical bunch you can be and guess what? I still do NOT agree that the poor staffy or mastiff should take the wrap for the attack on Harry! :hug:

Um, they haven't ...?

I believe someone else in the thread posted the meaning of the word 'could'. Suggest you read and digest.

You know what? I don't know why I allowed some of your comments to upset me? A sad and very heartwrenching event has occured the last 30 mins. and it has made me realise how petty all this has been in comparison. Life certainly has its fair share of hurdles.

Ouchie! What a thread!

Okay personally I don't agree with Moselle but I can see where she is coming from. Moselle if you could just take a breath and look at this you will see other posters views. Yes Mr Linke may have said that it couldve been a stafford or mastiff, but do you understand why? He was trying to make a point.....not the point you think he was making. In my understanding of what he said he was trying to show that the said dog could have been any breed that resembles a Pitt (to Joe public). He was not trying to shift the blame, just offering an alternate.

I do understand that you are not happy that he "named names" but his only other alternative would be to list off every breed that could be misconstrued as a Pitt. The man was trying to make a point that's all. You may argue that he couldve worded things better, but that could be said for every post on this thread, yours included.

Don't bash each other guys, were all here for the same reasons right?

Well, I guess that your comment entitles me to pose the same question to you - "how do YOU know that the dogs that did this attack were not pitbulls?" :laugh:

I don't know - and neither do you - that's my point.

And please - what breed do you mean when you say "staffie" ---- there is NO BREED CALLED STAFFIE.

Staffie = Staffordshire Bull Terrier. And I am pretty sure you know this. So, what is the point of this question?

Staffie

Staffie 2

• 4 months later...

Aziah, you have rehashed this thread with the pure intention of starting trouble. I must say that you do have serious issues in unable to let go of a difference of opinion, you are starting to show symptoms of AD, just relax....take a deep breath, have a cup of chamomile, whatever makes you feel good providing it doesn't prove obsessive as you are doing right now.

Aziah, you have rehashed this thread with the pure intention of starting trouble. I must say that you do have serious issues in unable to let go of a difference of opinion, you are starting to show symptoms of AD, just relax....take a deep breath, have a cup of chamomile, whatever makes you feel good providing it doesn't prove obsessive as you are doing right now.

I suggest that under no circumstances do you quote me again nor make any further diagnosis with your limited abilities...you have now made a personal attack, suggesting that I have AD and am obsessive.

First and final warning, do NOT quote me again in any thread.

Edited by Aziah

I did not say that you do indeed have AD, I said that you are starting to show symptoms of AD, big difference. If you are not obsessive why on earth would you rehash this thread simply for the sake of it??? you didn't post anything, you simply set out to start controversy all over again.

I am more than happy not to quote you any longer providing that you do the same! ! ! ! ! !

Do NOT reply to me either, it's not tit for tat, I'm serious do NOT quote or reply to anything I post. Put me back on ignore so you cannot see my posts, I want nothing to do with someone who chucks out any diagnosis or medical symptons willy nilly :laugh: I have no idea who you think you are but you're certainly not qualified to do any assessment of anyone on this forum!

Edited by Aziah

"RSPCA ACT Chief executive, Michael Linke, who owns an american pit bull terrier, said it was a much maligned breed and that the dogs which attacked Harry could have been mastiffs, staffordshire bull terriers or cross breeds. He said ACT Legislation requiring people to hold a licence in order to keep a dog that had been declared dangerous by the DAS registrar was better than a blanket ban on any particular breed.

Any dog is capable of any act, irrespective of its breed and that type of legislation (as exists in the ACT) doesn't single out any one breed as being more dangerous than any other, he said.

We are 100 per cent opposed to vicious dogs in our community...

Pit bulls are subject to ownership restrictions in NSW, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria"

I have taken this thread to this section of DOL (from the NEWS section) as it seems to generate more attention. I have maintained that Mr. Linke was wrong in making the above statement. IMO, all that his statement serves to accomplish is in confusing people even further and planting the seed of doubt that attacks from perceived "pitbulls" could instead be from staffies or mastiffs. This is not a fair statement and a totally selfish one. I can respect the fact that he dotes on his pet pitbull but he should have remained neutral and not be so liberal in pointing the finger on other breeds, namely the staffie or the mastiff.

I think he was just trying to think of other breeds that look like what people think pit bull terriers look think. I think he seems to be very much a 'punish the deed not the breed' person - from these comments which are all I have to go on.