Comment Made By Rspca Chief Executive Mr. Michael Link

Moselle

175 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that Mr. Linke's statement could prove to be of detriment to the staffy or mastiff?

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT SURE

He is NOT saying that at all! He did not say that the attack on the maltese could have been carried out by "anything." He is not even saying that the attack could have easily been mistaken for a "staffy type." He is saying that the attack could have been carried out by a staffy, mastiff or crossbreed....The word "type" does not figure into his statement at all!

Moselle, I fail to understand why:

* you'd take a reporters view of what Mr Linke said as gospel - its not like you heard him comment yourself. You don't know what else he said and how selectively he may have been quoted or even misquoted. Anyone who has dealt with media knows what people say and what journalists report don't necessarily match. The fact of the matter is you're interpreting a media report and have no idea about the intent of Mr Linke's words. It doesn't seem to matter to you at all that the local RSPCA did not put the boot into pitbulls. Believe me when I say that your local RSPCA CEO would have done so in steel capped Doc Martins.

* you continue to use a second hand report of a statement to infer conclusions that you cannot support.

* you are so heated about this.

I am not heated about this but I am annoyed given that it is still continuing; I have stipulated time and time again that I am still of the same opinion and that is that I have found Mr. Linke's statement to be incriminatory to the mastiff and staffy, I haven't wavered and also said that I am not about to change my mind! Ever since I started this thread everyone has been jumping up and down and constantly barraging me with questions and wild accusations, namely the one implying that I have a hidden agenda (post written by robbi); gosh what next?? ....how many times do I need to go on repeating myself? And you wonder why I am getting annoyed?

One other thing, you are saying that I am wrongly taking a reporter's view of what Mr. Linke said as gospel....I could turn that around and say "how do you know that it was a reporter's view?" Can you actually confirm that it was indeed the reporter who turned things around? Given that Mr. Linke supposedly came on here and said his piece, I would have thought that if indeed his own wording had been misconstrued that he himself would have tried to correct this!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now leave me the f*** ALONE and get a life and stop turning an innocent question into some kind of saga!

Don't play with fire If you can't stand the heat! :(

Your comment stands to confirm even more so what a hypocritical bunch you can be and guess what? I still do NOT agree that the poor staffy or mastiff should take the wrap for the attack on Harry! :)

Oh, the argument has not been debunked either, LOL.

Your argument is not subjective but there is no, and never will be, any conclusive proof so it is never going to be completely debunked, certainly not today on DOL a few days after he made the comments.

However, much of your argument can be and has been debunked. I did it in the other thread for one. I showed proof that you agree with what he said.

So, the conclusion has to be that you support the suppression of facts.

I think people should leave you alone and accept it, but you have to accept where you are wrong aswell. Instead, your saying things that don't make any sense, thats why people are making fun posting examples of logical fallacies.

One other thing, you are saying that I am wrongly taking a reporter's view of what Mr. Linke said as gospel....I could turn that around and say "how do you know that it was a reporter's view?" Can you actually confirm that it was indeed the reporter who turned things around? Given that Mr. Linke supposedly came on here and said his piece, I would have thought that if indeed his own wording had been misconstrued that he himself would have tried to correct this!

How do I know? Because I've met Mr Linke and spent time specifically discussing the BSL issue with him. That leads me to conclude that I have a better informed view of where he stands on BSL than you do.

SK:

And the chance that it was a Standard Poodle maquerading as an APBT is zilch!

I dunno about that. :(

pitbullpoodle2.jpg

How do I know? Because I've met Mr Linke and spent time specifically discussing the BSL issue with him. That leads me to conclude that I have a better informed view of where he stands on BSL than you do.

SK:

I dunno about that. :)

pitbullpoodle2.jpg

:):( Oh PF...what a perfect way to end......love it!! If that doesn't sum this entire saga up, I don't know what does :p

Ed: Cause I can't spell.

Edited by Shellsboers

I am not heated about this but I am annoyed given that it is still continuing; I have stipulated time and time again that I am still of the same opinion and that is that I have found Mr. Linke's statement to be incriminatory to the mastiff and staffy, I haven't wavered and also said that I am not about to change my mind! Ever since I started this thread everyone has been jumping up and down and constantly barraging me with questions and wild accusations, namely the one implying that I have a hidden agenda (post written by robbi); gosh what next?? ....how many times do I need to go on repeating myself? And you wonder why I am getting annoyed?

Moselle - It's a debate on a public forum. You can't bloody well argue and stress your point to someone whom AGREES with you. I have my view, you have yours, everyone else has theirs. You seem to be in the minority on this one hence the reason why it seems everyone is "barraging you with questions" :eek:

SK:

I dunno about that. :(

pitbullpoodle2.jpg

Bloody DeShonko dogs :) Should have known :p

:)

Moselle - It's a debate on a public forum. You can't bloody well argue and stress your point to someone whom AGREES with you. I have my view, you have yours, everyone else has theirs. You seem to be in the minority on this one hence the reason why it seems everyone is "barraging you with questions" :eek:

SK:

I dunno about that. :)

pitbullpoodle2.jpg

Bloody DeShonko dogs :p Should have known :eek:

:)

Ah yes... the Pitoodle.. think I'm on a winner with this mix. :(

Ah yes... the Pitoodle.. think I'm on a winner with this mix. :(

:) poodlefan ....... but is it non-allergenic and non-shedding :) :p

Naturally.. AND it looks great in those leather studded harnesses that seem to appeal to those who like the Blue Oyster Bar style of dressing their dogs. :eek:

Gosh - how did I miss all this excitement.

I think that this statement doesn't do anything to cast a dim view on any breed at all. Sure, if you focus on one sentence without the context around it - you could make an assumption that maybe he is but making a that assumption when the context is available to refute it is probably something that only the media would be up to, to try and sensationalise something that isn't really that sensational.

Sorry Moselle - don't share the same opinion as you on this. You probably didn't quite deserve the battering you copped though.......

Edited by conztruct

On the contrary, Conztruct, I think she did deserve it. Doggedly ( :crossfingers: ) expressing a fanciful viewpoint in the face of clear evidence that she was wrong, repeatedly criticising a respected RSPCA CEO who opposes BSL, and tweaking her position a number of times when painted into a corner. I admire her tenacity - Moselle was a willing and enthusiastic participant for the most part - but if it ended with her being angry and upset then she has no one to blame but herself.

On the contrary, Conztruct, I think she did deserve it. Doggedly ( :rasberry: ) expressing a fanciful viewpoint in the face of clear evidence that she was wrong, repeatedly criticising a respected RSPCA CEO who opposes BSL, and tweaking her position a number of times when painted into a corner. I admire her tenacity - Moselle was a willing and enthusiastic participant for the most part - but if it ended with her being angry and upset then she has no one to blame but herself.

What "clear evidence" :crossfingers: There is no evidence that HE did not make that statement and in fact all seems to prove that he did! You all appear to be siding with him simply because he opposes BSL irrespective of how he puts his foot in his mouth in the process of doing so! I will not have other breeds implicated in dog attacks simply to salvage the reputation of the pitbull. I agree with Mr. Linke wanting to make a stand but he could and SHOULD have adopted a smarter and fairer way to get his point across. Mr. Linke was being completely selfish when making that statement and did not give a damn what the repercussions of such a statement could incur.

SK:

I dunno about that. :crossfingers:

pitbullpoodle2.jpg

:rasberry::laugh::(:(:laugh:

I am confused.

How do YOU know that the dogs that did this attack aren't Staffordshire Bull Terriers or Mastiffs or Spotted Purple Ducktails?

There is no evidence what they were.

:laugh::( :( :laugh:

Well, I guess that your comment entitles me to pose the same question to you - "how do YOU know that the dogs that did this attack were not pitbulls?" :rasberry:

:laugh:

It seems that the mentality around here is a serious case of "what is good for the gander is NOT good for the goose!" LOL

So basically, it is okay to blame dog attacks on staffies or mastiffs (without actual proof) and yet the second that the pitbull is mentioned ya all get yourselves in a lather? Ya can jump up and down as much as ya like, I am still stickin to ma guns! :crossfingers: