Comment Made By Rspca Chief Executive Mr. Michael Link

Moselle

175 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that Mr. Linke's statement could prove to be of detriment to the staffy or mastiff?

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT SURE

So basically, it is okay to blame dog attacks on staffies or mastiffs (without actual proof) and yet the second that the pitbull is mentioned ya all get yourselves in a lather? Ya can jump up and down as much as ya like, I am still stickin to ma guns! :rasberry:

You seem unable to grasp the fact that most of the respondents to your posts have repeatedly expressed the opinion that they don't think those breeds (don't forget the crossbreeds now) were blamed.

Moselle, you are entitled to hold any view you choose. However you can hardly expect people to remain silent when you appear to have formed it erroneously. Its the fact that you have interpreted what was said as blaming two breeds that people are taking issue with.

I HAVE SAID MY piece on this and will not be visiting this thread again! Have fun amongst yourselves

What happened to those guns? :crossfingers:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically, it is okay to blame dog attacks on staffies or mastiffs (without actual proof) and yet the second that the pitbull is mentioned ya all get yourselves in a lather? Ya can jump up and down as much as ya like, I am still stickin to ma guns! :rasberry:

You seem unable to grasp the fact that most of the respondents to your posts have repeatedly expressed the opinion that they don't think those breeds (don't forget the crossbreeds now) were blamed.

Moselle, you are entitled to hold any view you choose. However you can hardly expect people to remain silent when you appear to have formed it erroneously. Its the fact that you have interpreted what was said as blaming two breeds that people are taking issue with.

I HAVE SAID MY piece on this and will not be visiting this thread again! Have fun amongst yourselves

What happened to those guns? :crossfingers:

:laugh::(

I handed them in to the local cop station, I have no need for them.

On the contrary, Conztruct, I think she did deserve it. Doggedly ( :crossfingers: ) expressing a fanciful viewpoint in the face of clear evidence that she was wrong, repeatedly criticising a respected RSPCA CEO who opposes BSL, and tweaking her position a number of times when painted into a corner. I admire her tenacity - Moselle was a willing and enthusiastic participant for the most part - but if it ended with her being angry and upset then she has no one to blame but herself.

Each to their own I guess. I don't agree with Moselle at all but she's entitled to her opinion. It's not the fact that people disagreed - it's the way they did it that I don't believe was very fair to Moselle - it's little wonder she ended up getting upset about it and from the comments posted it seems that's just what posters were trying to achieve rather than debating the point.

So basically, it is okay to blame dog attacks on staffies or mastiff

You see ? :crossfingers:

So like I say, your argument cannot be disproven in whole. It cannot reasonably be disproven that Linke's comments will have a negative impact on the Staffy in Mastiff.

However most of it can and has been. Just about everything you have put up to support your view has fallen in a heap, not a subjective heap, and objective heap, and the only one that can't see that is you :rasberry:

Instead of admitting where you are wrong, you carry on with arguments that don't make any sense, and pull out one fallacy after another. Your latest and one of your most common throughout this thread is the straw man.

Show evidence that Linke, or indeed anyone at all in this thread, has blamed this attack on Staffies or Mastiffs.

I am not heated about this but I am annoyed given that it is still continuing; I have stipulated time and time again that I am still of the same opinion and that is that I have found Mr. Linke's statement to be incriminatory to the mastiff and staffy, I haven't wavered and also said that I am not about to change my mind! Ever since I started this thread everyone has been jumping up and down and constantly barraging me with questions and wild accusations, namely the one implying that I have a hidden agenda (post written by robbi); gosh what next?? ....how many times do I need to go on repeating myself? And you wonder why I am getting annoyed?

Moselle - It's a debate on a public forum. You can't bloody well argue and stress your point to someone whom AGREES with you. I have my view, you have yours, everyone else has theirs. You seem to be in the minority on this one hence the reason why it seems everyone is "barraging you with questions" :laugh:

SK:
And the chance that it was a Standard Poodle maquerading as an APBT is zilch!

I dunno about that. :rasberry:

pitbullpoodle2.jpg

Bloody DeShonko dogs :( Should have known :(

:laugh:

Ah yes... the Pitoodle.. think I'm on a winner with this mix. :crossfingers:

If you say it out loud, it sounds like you're hocking up a booger.

Hi. Its Michael Linke here, CEO RSPCA ACT.

Thanks for the support everyone. You are all pretty much on the ball. My comments were meant generically to point out breed and colour confusion, one reason (of many) why BSL fails. I am, as is current RSPCA national policy, opposed to BSL.

So the R$PCA is opposed to BSL is it Mr Linke, then why did the R$PCA lobby the Federal Government to bring BSL into being in the first place ?

If the R$PCA is opposed to BSL, then why are they not lobbing the Federal Government to have BSL abolished ? I think we know why don't we. :crossfingers::rasberry:

Moselle, Don't worry mate, some people can't see the Forrest through the trees. :laugh:

Thanks for the support everyone. You are all pretty much on the ball. My comments were meant generically to point out breed and colour confusion, one reason (of many) why BSL fails. I am, as is current RSPCA national policy, opposed to BSL.

So the R$PCA is opposed to BSL is it Mr Linke, then why did the R$PCA lobby the Federal Government to bring BSL into being in the first place ?

If the R$PCA is opposed to BSL, then why are they not lobbing the Federal Government to have BSL abolished ? I think we know why don't we. :crossfingers::rasberry:

Moselle, Don't worry mate, some people can't see the Forrest through the trees. :laugh:

The Federal Government isn't responsible for any BSL other than the one that bans four breeds from import.

All other BSL, esecially the legislation that sees dogs seized and destroyed based on their breed is STATE legislation.

There is no BSL in the Australian Capital Territory - which is where Mr Linke is CEO. It is perfectly legal to own an APBT here and there are no special requirements for the dogs to live here. There has been a change of policy on BSL at the national RSPCA level. What they're doing about overturning the breed import ban is uncertain but to be quite frank I can live without dogs the size and power of Dogo Argentinos and Presa's in the hands of idiots.

Edited by poodlefan

Thank you tarope for having the backbone to speak out. I also would like to thank those that pm'd me with their support, it is rather sad though that they could not do so in the open but I can somewhat understand. Hey guys, you could have voted though without fear of being "found out." :(

Thank you tarope for having the backbone to speak out. I also would like to thank those that pm'd me with their support, it is rather sad though that they could not do so in the open but I can somewhat understand. Hey guys, you could have voted though without fear of being "found out." :rasberry:

No reason why your supporters couldn't have posted Moselle. If they'd really wanted to support you, I'd argue they'd have done so. This is an internet forum, not a boxing ring. The only things that get bruised here are egos (and arguably our threads last longer than boxing matches lately :laugh: )

Fact is, they choose to let you defend your position alone. I don't call that very supportive. :crossfingers:

Edited by poodlefan

I don't get this thread at all. Some RSPCA CEO finally has the balls to stand up on a public forum and say that he doesn't support BSL, and that a "pitbull" attack could actually have been perpetrated by any number of similar looking breeds or crossbreeds, and he gets attacked for saying so? Sad, very sad. Surely we should all be shaking the man's hand & buying him a beer?

Thank you tarope for having the backbone to speak out. I also would like to thank those that pm'd me with their support, it is rather sad though that they could not do so in the open but I can somewhat understand. Hey guys, you could have voted though without fear of being "found out." :rasberry:

No reason why your supporters couldn't have posted Moselle. If they'd really wanted to support you, I'd argue they'd have done so.

Fact is, they choose to let you defend your position alone. I don't call that very supportive. :crossfingers:

It takes all types; such is life!

Edited by Moselle

Thank you tarope for having the backbone to speak out. I also would like to thank those that pm'd me with their support, it is rather sad though that they could not do so in the open but I can somewhat understand. Hey guys, you could have voted though without fear of being "found out." :laugh:

No reason why your supporters couldn't have posted Moselle. If they'd really wanted to support you, I'd argue they'd have done so.

It takes all types; such is life!

On that issue, we are in complete agreement. :rasberry:

Each to their own I guess. I don't agree with Moselle at all but she's entitled to her opinion. It's not the fact that people disagreed - it's the way they did it that I don't believe was very fair to Moselle - it's little wonder she ended up getting upset about it and from the comments posted it seems that's just what posters were trying to achieve rather than debating the point.

It's labouring the point but for the record, in case you haven't seen the earlier "In the News" thread, Moselle described Michael Linke as "full of shit" and "a contradiction in terms". She also said he suffers from "foot in mouth disease" and that he was "shallow" among a a number of other unflattering adjectives. Mr Linke is well-respected in the Canberra community.

Very few respondents have been as insulting as Moselle has.

Edited by Curlybert

I googled Michael Linke and must say I was very impressed by what he has tried to achieve within his role

As has been said, he has a lot of support locally.. even from some that wouldn't otherwise give the RSPCA the time of day. :)

Well, I guess that your comment entitles me to pose the same question to you - "how do YOU know that the dogs that did this attack were not pitbulls?" :)

I don't know - and neither do you - that's my point.

And please - what breed do you mean when you say "staffie" ---- there is NO BREED CALLED STAFFIE.

I don't get this thread at all. Some RSPCA CEO finally has the balls to stand up on a public forum and say that he doesn't support BSL, and that a "pitbull" attack could actually have been perpetrated by any number of similar looking breeds or crossbreeds, and he gets attacked for saying so? Sad, very sad. Surely we should all be shaking the man's hand & buying him a beer?

Everybody except one appears to want to get drunk with Mr Linke. :)

He is NOT saying that at all! He did not say that the attack on the maltese could have been carried out by "anything." He is not even saying that the attack could have easily been mistaken for a "staffy type." He is saying that the attack could have been carried out by a staffy, mastiff or crossbreed....The word "type" does not figure into his statement at all!

Moselle, I fail to understand why:

* you'd take a reporters view of what Mr Linke said as gospel - its not like you heard him comment yourself. You don't know what else he said and how selectively he may have been quoted or even misquoted. Anyone who has dealt with media knows what people say and what journalists report don't necessarily match. The fact of the matter is you're interpreting a media report and have no idea about the intent of Mr Linke's words. It doesn't seem to matter to you at all that the local RSPCA did not put the boot into pitbulls. Believe me when I say that your local RSPCA CEO would have done so in steel capped Doc Martins.

* you continue to use a second hand report of a statement to infer conclusions that you cannot support.

* you are so heated about this.

I am not heated about this but I am annoyed given that it is still continuing; I have stipulated time and time again that I am still of the same opinion and that is that I have found Mr. Linke's statement to be incriminatory to the mastiff and staffy, I haven't wavered and also said that I am not about to change my mind! Ever since I started this thread everyone has been jumping up and down and constantly barraging me with questions and wild accusations, namely the one implying that I have a hidden agenda (post written by robbi); gosh what next?? ....how many times do I need to go on repeating myself? And you wonder why I am getting annoyed?

One other thing, you are saying that I am wrongly taking a reporter's view of what Mr. Linke said as gospel....I could turn that around and say "how do you know that it was a reporter's view?" Can you actually confirm that it was indeed the reporter who turned things around? Given that Mr. Linke supposedly came on here and said his piece, I would have thought that if indeed his own wording had been misconstrued that he himself would have tried to correct this!

Actually Moselle, I didn't say you had a hidden agenda, I said you had an agenda and a blatently obvious one at that. You are trying to incite anger towards Mr Linke when none is deserved.