Kong Killers!

Tokkie

Wow, it isn't just my dog thats got strong jaws..... :o

Brennan's Mum.... Ringo is an expert in de-squeaking, I don't know how he does it, when I buy him a new Guz (his most favourite toy in the whole world) he de-squeaks it in about 10min without destroying the Guz.... eventaully the hole where the squeaky was wil get bigger and bigger until I have to throw it away.

Wow - can we have photos of the destroyed kongs?

koalathebear, he breaks them at the little indents.... so in 3 pieces..... the one I bought today still got 2 rings together... I'll take a photo of the toys I still have :)

GG85, maybe I'll get the Medium black one tomorrow and see if it last.

Heavypaws..... $60 is alot :laugh: ... but I have spend a lot more than that on toys in the last 6 months. :)

Thanks Burkes, is this the rings you talk about?

post-25488-1280064898_thumb.jpg

I tried one of these and I think it only lasted a couple of hrs with my stafford.

I remember being mighty peeved after paying so much.

I've found the best toy for my guys in the neighbours footballs lol.

They come over the fence and the dogs bust them within seconds and play with the deflated footy.

A new one comes over the fence about every second weekend...... very cheap for me..... not so much for the neighbours! :laugh:

I've found the best toy for my guys in the neighbours footballs lol.

They come over the fence and the dogs bust them within seconds and play with the deflated footy.

A new one comes over the fence about every second weekend...... very cheap for me..... not so much for the neighbours! :laugh:

:o Riley loves a deflated soccer ball much more than a inflated one!

She has not yet managed to kill an "everlasting fun ball", and that has been with her since puppy. And she does chomp on it, especially if I load it with treats or peanut.

http://aboutdogtraining.sitestreet.com/177...ng_Fun_Ball.htm

I have a mastiff x compulsive chewer/ball-obsessive. Here's our list of fatalities and survivors:

Fatalities

Rubber Chuckit ball - destroyed while under supervision, though it lasted much longer than the average tennis ball

Tuff Cuz fish - easily gone within a week

Survivors

Tuff Cuz ball with legs - squeaker was destroyed within 20 minutes of introduction, but still intact beside one large hole

Bob a Lot (another treat toy) - pockmarked with bites, but remains unbroken

Black Kong - fine, but only because he isn't interested in it after food has successfully been extracted. I think it's the shape and the fact that it doesn't bounce effectively for him.

Everlasting Treat Ball is a clear winner - almost looks the same as when I purchased it months ago, bar teeth scratches

If you go with the Everlasting range (of varying toughness), make sure the toy is large enough to be challenging for the dog to get the treats out and difficult to wrap its mouth around. My dog popped the Everlasting Screw Treat out in 1 minute with the Medium and 5 minutes with the Large (the treats didn't process well either and caused a major stink at toilet time). Now I just stuff it with large kibble and it takes 10-15 minutes for him to get them out.

Edited by Ms Genki

Blue staff..... so those rings are not that tuff.... :)

Mrs Rusty Bucket, that’s what I do with Ringo's Guz toys, I don't leave them with him.

Geo, Ringo loves to destroy tennis balls, it is an art.... he peels them like a banana.... :rofl: (I don't give it to him anymore, it grinds down his teeth :eek: )

tdierikx, I buy balls at the sport shop that last quite long, it’s a hollow rubber ball..... he loves them and they are $3 - $5 each.... I buy 5 at a time.

jaegertheweim, thanks I will have a look, I would like a treat toy that does not break.

koalathebear, this is the Kong I bought yesterday.

4829474759_3c6c7cb1c0_m.jpg

Ringo always has a Guz, this is three in different stages.....

4829474365_ed392e0a3b.jpg

These balls last longer but it's not Ringos favourite, they are more like foam, Ringo likes Rubber balls more..... the one on the right is old and the purple is a new one, we use them on the beach.

4829474675_6e39deff9a.jpg

Edit: Thanks Ms Genki, I have seen the Everlasting Treat Ball in shops, must give them a try.

Edited by Tokkie

Black Kongs work for my Killer Kelpie!

FYI - Not long ago, I heard of a young dog ingesting the stuffing from a soft toy designed for kids and treated with a fire retardent. The "teddy blood" (stuffing) turned to a gel in the dog's stomach. Dog was very sick. Vet operated. Bowel was black & dead. Could not save the dog.

Be wary of allowing unsupervised play with stuffed toys designed for children, esp. if they are treated with fire retardent chemicals.

Sonia

Black Kongs work for my Killer Kelpie!

FYI - Not long ago, I heard of a young dog ingesting the stuffing from a soft toy designed for kids and treated with a fire retardent. The "teddy blood" (stuffing) turned to a gel in the dog's stomach. Dog was very sick. Vet operated. Bowel was black & dead. Could not save the dog.

Be wary of allowing unsupervised play with stuffed toys designed for children, esp. if they are treated with fire retardent chemicals.

Sonia

Wow, thanks Hafhafa Hound, I did not know that.... :) Ringo will not eat the stuffing but I don't know about Nandi.... :(

Thanks Burkes, is this the rings you talk about?

post-25488-1280064898_thumb.jpg

Yep, thats the one. Mine is the level 10 so the strongest they have.

Otherwise, I used to go down the local netball association and get all the old flat balls that they could no longer use.