Perth People

Loraine

Some of you may recall that I recently posted about Zedley turning weird in the eveings. He has been doing this every winter since he arrived here. There is nothing outside to alert him, no strange noises or animals. About 7pm he starts to tuck his usually upright tail, between his legs and go in and out of his dog door a number of times. If I close off the route to the dog door he wanders the sitting room, tail tucked under, shaking, panting and looking really scared, he tends to always be looking at one area of the room. Last night I went into my sleepout to the freezer - door to front garden was open (usually is). Zedley followed me into the sleepout and then ran, tail tucked into the front garden. I guessed he was going to try to escape (just had one of the gates lowered) and followed, to see him disappear under another area :laugh: I spent the next 45 minutes calling, walking the length of the park behind the house with a flashlight, did that twice, checked local houses with dogs (he knows them all). Finally thinking I would have to give up, I gave one more look to the entrance to the park and there he was coming home. I really could have chocked the little swine ;) During the night he was up and panting and I ended up shutting him in the bathroom for the rest of the night.

I really do think that I have a spirit type thing in my sitting room that he becomes aware of, and I am wondering if I can get a dog/animal phychic to come and check out the place. I kid you not, if he continues like this I will probably be done for dog killing ;)

There'll be some natural cause that's got to do with something that occurs in the winter. Like, some sound or smell, that's only picked up a dog's pitch frequency range or sensitive nose. Dogs being animals have a 'tune' to the natural environment that's very different from humans.

It's a matter of opinion, of course, but the last person I'd be consulting would be a psychic.

Edited by mita

I'd really love to hear how you go with this. Is the house old? Do you sense or feel anything yourself? I have had strange psychic 'epiphanies' all my life but only in relation to either people I am very close to or people somehow linked to people I am very close to (if that makes sense). Basically not strangers or co-workers. Not all come true but I pass them on if the image is persistent enough, just in case! Anyway a close friend lives in the UK and she and her husband renovate old houses. I was last there in 2006 when they had just finished an old farm cottage. From the minute I walked in the door I could sense someone in the kitchen - a young girl who had worked in the house and who had stayed there in spirit because that was really the only 'home' she'd ever had. It was like she just belonged there as part of the house. I told my friend (she is used to me) and the wierd thing was she had someone else tell her exactly the same thing when they first bought the house and it was all gutted and empty. I can still picture this girl today even though my friend and her husband have since sold the house. She actually gave their kitchen a sense of warmth and it was a real gathering spot for the whole family. The dog used to sleep in there too. That has been my first and only spirit experience and I don't know how I would've coped if it felt like a bad spirit. Hence my interest in your situation. I always reckon truth is much stranger than fiction so I'm not suprised by what might 'exist' out there!

I'd really love to hear how you go with this. Is the house old? built in the late '60's.

Do you sense or feel anything yourself? Yes, but it is my Mum

I have had strange psychic 'epiphanies' all my life but only in relation to either people I am very close to or people somehow linked to people I am very close to (if that makes sense). Basically not strangers or co-workers. Not all come true but I pass them on if the image is persistent enough, just in case! Anyway a close friend lives in the UK and she and her husband renovate old houses. I was last there in 2006 when they had just finished an old farm cottage. From the minute I walked in the door I could sense someone in the kitchen - a young girl who had worked in the house and who had stayed there in spirit because that was really the only 'home' she'd ever had. It was like she just belonged there as part of the house. I told my friend (she is used to me) and the wierd thing was she had someone else tell her exactly the same thing when they first bought the house and it was all gutted and empty. I can still picture this girl today even though my friend and her husband have since sold the house. She actually gave their kitchen a sense of warmth and it was a real gathering spot for the whole family. The dog used to sleep in there too. That has been my first and only spirit experience and I don't know how I would've coped if it felt like a bad spirit. Hence my interest in your situation. I always reckon truth is much stranger than fiction so I'm not suprised by what might 'exist' out there!

I have also been visited (in the UK) by my Mum's older brother on the night he died.

Mita, I have checked everything, I have other dogs here from time to time and they don't go weird.

Zedley's vet thinks it is OCD, but the pills she gave do nothing for him.

I have sent off a message to Laura Bird and made a note of Melita's number.

Thanks all.

Mita, I have checked everything, I have other dogs here from time to time and they don't go weird.

Thanks all.

Dogs are like humans, individuals.

I won't beat you down for believing in psychics. It's a matter of choice.

But I think that natural events (which include animal & human behaviour) have natural explanations. Hard as it can be to track them down. I'd guess your dog's reacting to some natural trigger & it's turned into a habit. He's probably also picking up your negative feelings about his behaviour. Must be something like that, your vet is thinking.

But that doesn't mean the pill she chose will fix it. Pills aren't quick fixes for many human compulsions, either.

Anyway, your belief in the psychic may make you feel differently about your dog's behaviour....& that might help break the cycle which has been set up.

Best of luck, as it's causing stress & concern for you. Not a good thing to be happening on cold winter nights!

I do believe that there is more to this world than meets the eye but am very sceptical when it comes to true psychics. I think there are more charlatans than there are genuine psychics. I had read a thread on here about an animal psychic that was considered genuine by a few people but have discovered that she is far from genuine. People were emphasising how she did not request any personal information and did not want people's names yet I discovered that she stipulates this when speaking to people on the phone but when it comes time to book her you have to go through her website to book the type of service you are wanting and payment is made via a credit card; I believe that a credit card usually has a name accompanying it, lol. So much for her not needing anyone's name, huh.

Thanks all.

Dogs are like humans, individuals.

I won't beat you down for believing in psychics. It's a matter of choice. I am not too sure that I believe in readings myself, but I am clutching at straws

But I think that natural events (which include animal & human behaviour) have natural explanations. Hard as it can be to track them down. I'd guess your dog's reacting to some natural trigger & it's turned into a habit. He's probably also picking up your negative feelings about his behaviour. This could be true Must be something like that, your vet is thinking.

But that doesn't mean the pill she chose will fix it. Pills aren't quick fixes for many human compulsions, either. No I was not too keen on pills for him either, but heck he is driving me nuts

Anyway, your belief in the psychic may make you feel differently about your dog's behaviour....& that might help break the cycle which has been set up. Whilst I have been visited, and I feel when my Mum is around me I don't really believe in these people who can get messages from the other side.

Best of luck, as it's causing stress & concern for you. Not a good thing to be happening on cold winter nights!

Wandering dark parks in the cold and wet does nothing for my arthritis either.

I am not a spirit believer myself.

However, I remember once, long time ago, going past the cemetery with our dog in the car. She went completely berserk, and only calmed down once we passed the cemetery. It was quite spooky to be honest.

So, I would not pass any judgment. Anything that helps is good IMO.