How Does Your Dog Get Your Attention?

haylz27

Bakari Monster

To go outside - up and down the stairs to the back door until I cotton on

To come inside - Bark, whine, cry until I let him in (normally it's open so it's only when he's shut out for some reason)

If he's hungry or wants cuddles - he'll nudge under my arm, then put his head on my lap and sigh, if I'm on the laptop he then moves his head to on the keyboard, if I still don't move all 60kg of him climbs in my lap and rests his head on top of mine so I can't see or move around him

If he wants to play - he play bows and barks if I'm sitting down and if I'm up and moving around he tackles/ankle taps me and play bows when I turn around and starts doing kangaroo jumps on the spot trying to lick my face.

Meisha

Stares....

Edited by Miss Monster

Guest belgian.blue

Badger barks and whines/talks. Never known a Pointer to be so barky! Maybe it's a boy thing?

Ivy stares and muzzle nudges. Oh she will also throw a random paw at your face for attention :cry:

If he's hungry or wants cuddles - he'll nudge under my arm, then put his head on my lap and sigh, if I'm on the laptop he then moves his head to on the keyboard, if I still don't move all 60kg of him climbs in my lap and rests his head on top of mine so I can't see or move around him

reminds me of this pic i took a couple of days ago:

th_01082010001.jpg

Wolfhounds use mental telepathy - they stare at what they want until you do it for them. Seldom make a sound but OH says they are the loudest starers he's ever known. If that fails, they wait until a cup of coffee is almost to your lips then head-butt your elbow. This is also very effective and silent.

Edited by IW4ME

There are some funny stories in there!

If I am sitting at the dinning room table, either eating or on the lappy (usually both), she will start out by sitting there nicely and waiting for me to pick her up. Often I don't want her on my lap (she is starting to get too long, so she slides off!), so I ignore her. Then she progresses to the pawing me... and when I continue to ignore that, occasionally she will bark, but mainly she shoves the chair next to me out, jumps up on it and tries to climb into my lap!!

If I am on the couch, she pretty much does the same thing... she knows she is not supposed to come up without an invitation, so she sits there are makes these squeally winging noises, and moves from paw to paw. She just wants to be in my lap all the time.

When she wants to play, she tries to nip my hands and won't let me pat her!

If Tango wants to go out, he disappears from under my feet and sits patiently next to the door waiting for me to notice that he isn't there....if I have toast he does the 'Dobermann nose under the elbow' or 'Dobermann prod' until he gets some (I don't know where he learnt that one!!), in the kitchen he rubs against your legs like an enormous cat!! or sticks his nose between you and the bench.....

Moon goes to huge lengths to make sure I notice her.

I'll sit on the couch and ignore her presence entirely.

Usually she'll stand at the door wagging her tail, and if I keep ignoring her, her wagging gets slower and slower, until it stops. Then she whines, then paws the floor and play-bows.

If that's ignored, she walks over to the couch and extends her neck so her head slowly enters the space between me and the tv, and then whines.

Then she'll perform a trick, like 'shake' {whacking my kneecap with her shovel-like paw}, and if that's ignored she goes back to the start of the carpet, lie s down, rolls onto her back, peddles her legs in the air and whines like she has a belly ache.

Then she'll lie on her side and pull herself along by her front paws to my feet, and roll back and forth on my feet, pawing my legs.

If that fails, she goes into "OMG my mistress is dead! I must summon help!" mode, and runs around the lounge room barking and digging the carpet, and runs into random walls and windows, and then jumps onto the table and barks at the ceiling.

Lord only knows what she thinks she's doing, but it ain't calling for help.

This is usually when I break down laughing and she rushes over and onto my lap and I pull her ears and call her an idiot. And she loves it.

reminds me of this pic i took a couple of days ago:

th_01082010001.jpg

Must be the ridgeback in her... :laugh:

Stage 1

Bakarilap.jpg

Stage 2*

Bakarilapto.jpg

*note the omg mum I'm dying of starvation here, I can't hold on much longer look

Edited by Miss Monster

we are all very well trained aren't we :laugh:

Cooper just nudges with his nose and if that doesn't work its the paw on the elbow, when I'm on the lappie he puts his nose on the mouse and moves the page up and down. To go outside he just sits athe door and waits (he is very Patient), in the middle of the night it's the cold nose in the ear trick. Rocky just sits with his back to you for attention, if he wants to go outside he paces up and down the hallway with his nails tapping the floor til I get the hint LOL. My boys don't get fed til after we have eaten so he walks around looking at everyones plates until there is only one person left unfinished then he sits in front of them and talks and howls to tell them to hurry up when they've finished he sits in front of me and howls softly first and gradually getting louder until I get up and feed them.