Dog Chiropractor

catzatsea

Can anyone help me with a recommendation of a Dog chiropractor in Sydney? I have done a topic search on this for past threads to no avail (only for the one in Vic).

I have taken my little one to the vet twice regarding his hind leg - He seems to have a double jointed movement in his back leg... only when walking! There also a stiffness showing in his back muscles as well as his movement when "trotting" is to on an angle rather then a straight forward movement. (If that makes any sense).

He is showing no discomfort or pain however I have a little hunch that in all his puppy antics he has managed to displace some joint or other.

Any advice?

Anne,

The vet gave him a shot of anti-inflamentry and recommend that he rests for 48hours. The vet was concerned that he may have put something out however wasnt overly worried.

He got beaten up at the dog park last week which required another trip to the vets and once again they gave him another shot of anti-inflamentry/ antibiotics and rest again for 48hours.

The wounds from the attack are on his inside thigh of the leg I am concerned about.

He isnt showing any pain or discomfort however it is just a hunch that I should pursue this with a chirpractor.

I used to have horses and from my past experience you can only find the reputable chiropractors reccomendation. Hence a bad chiropractor can cause more damage then the original injury.

Cheers

:)

We go to a great guy out at Londonderry.. Peter Schofield. Visited him just yesterday and boy, was my little girl Mai in pain :laugh: I thought she was sore but the poor poppet was a mess. She is much better today! :rofl: Maverick was sore as well but that never stops his tail wagging tho :):)

Thankyou for your recommendation Maverick :thumbsup:

We went and met David today and found out that my young one was out in his neck and lower back. I am actually going back in a fortnight for a follow up.

Like you said he is a straight down the line type of man but very gentle with the dog!

Would have no hesitations in passing on the recommendation!! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

If in need of another recommendation - Bob May - Chipping Norton. PM me for contact details. He is another Greyhound Vet that has being doing chiropractic work on dogs for more than 20 years. I worked for him eons ago and he was considered one of the the best at that time.

We were interviewed on A Current Affair about alternative medicines once..... I was 'star' for 5 minutes! :confused: