Does The Council Put Down Dogs Within A Few Days?

Outkast1972

Here dogs are held for 72 hours. If no-one collects them they are "disposed of" by the council - which usually means a bullet through the head.

So yes, I would think that you're friends' stories are true. In any case the council should have notified the owner that they had a limited time to collect their pets.

hmm, this thread is a bit of a worry.

Does anybody know what the rules are down here in Melbourne (specifically Moreland Council).

Our dog is microchipped, on the National Register and of course registered, but still would be interested to know.

Having a dog is a privilege, not a right. So, your moronic friend's dogs are roaming and picked up by the Council - well guess what? It's his fault, not theirs. He doesn't deserve to own any living creature with his mentality.

Exactly, he "left them for a few days to teach them a lesson" what a moron RIP poor dogs :)

The dogs got out once- Accident. The dogs got out repeatedly - Bad owner. Couldn't be bothered to pay the pound fees - uncaring owner. So while I think 3 days is far too soon and would like to see that lengthened, I don't blame the pound.

hmm, this thread is a bit of a worry.

Does anybody know what the rules are down here in Melbourne (specifically Moreland Council).

Our dog is microchipped, on the National Register and of course registered, but still would be interested to know.

Dogs are held for 8 days in Melbourne.