Marley, Any Idea's?

Marley'z Mum

Hi all

Ok here is a recent picture of marley, twas taken last week, he was 16wks old, was wondering if anyone might have any more idea's on what breeds he might have in him, was told he was a staffy x ridgeback...... not so sure bout the ridgeback....

any idea's will be much appreciated :D

post-35034-1281575950_thumb.jpg

I see SBT but not Ridgeback. Did you see either of the parents? If not then there's a good chance that they were both cross breeds in which case he could have anything in there... How big is he? That might help to give you a clue too. Kei (Ridgeback) was around 15kg at that age :confused:

hi secretkei... No didnt see either parents (long story, not really desirable people) they said mum was staffy ridgeback cross only an dad was a pure staffy from up the road that got into there yard :-/....

He was 8.5kg on tuesday, he is startin to get a very square face

hi secretkei... No didnt see either parents (long story, not really desirable people) they said mum was staffy ridgeback cross only an dad was a pure staffy from up the road that got into there yard :-/....

He was 8.5kg on tuesday, he is startin to get a very square face

Ah okay, well then there may be a little bit of Ridgie in there then :laugh:

My guess is that mum was indeed a staffy cross and dad was likely one too :hug:

Sorry to keep bringing this post up and being a pain, but I just wanted to add this photo and see what ppl think, appart from having no ridge to speak of, the hair on his back is kinda wavey, I don't know if staffy's have this, but I am pretty sure that ridgebacks don't, and even kelpie's? so anyway here is a photo of his back near his tail

post-35034-1282223120_thumb.jpg

SecretKei, I am no expert on ridgebacks but about 7yrs ago I had a corgi x ridgeback, she looked like a slightly taller thinner corgi, but she had such a defined ridge on her back, so I would have thought if there was ridgeback wouldn't he have the ridge?

My lab has this and she is def not part ridgeback (though i've had a few people ask me)

some ridgies are born without a ridge as well.

He does not look big enough to be half ridgeback imo but he may well have amuybe 1/4 or 1/8 ridgie in him?

Edited by aussielover

Sorry to keep bringing this post up and being a pain, but I just wanted to add this photo and see what ppl think, appart from having no ridge to speak of, the hair on his back is kinda wavey, I don't know if staffy's have this, but I am pretty sure that ridgebacks don't, and even kelpie's? so anyway here is a photo of his back near his tail

post-35034-1282223120_thumb.jpg

SecretKei, I am no expert on ridgebacks but about 7yrs ago I had a corgi x ridgeback, she looked like a slightly taller thinner corgi, but she had such a defined ridge on her back, so I would have thought if there was ridgeback wouldn't he have the ridge?

Nope, not all ridgeback crosses will have a ridge. Even a small percentage of pure bred Ridgebacks are born ridgeless :scared:

Ridgies have a very short, straight, single coat, so no, not wavy at all. I have seen kelpies with thick, slightly wavy fur through their backs though.

ah ok, thanks all, realistically he could be anything, the only thing i can see is the staffy.

Wish there was a way to know for sure

You may just have to accept that he's a little surprise :D We've been told Elbie's kelpie/border collie but I think poodlefan said she thought he might have other bits in him, too ;)