Photography Ideas Needed

Parkeyre

We've decided on a date; and on Wednesday afternoon my three Aussies are going to be photographed for my prefix's website.

So we'll have movement shots; gaiting and possibly some frisbee shots since they love that so much.

We'll have stacked shots - front, each side and head study.

I would really like a photo of myself and my two girls laying beside me on either side on the lawn.

But what else?

What props should we use? what do you suggest that can be used more then once, or can achieve nice photos?

I'm stumped. Please feel free to add 100 ideas, photos and suggestions.

I would LOVE your help oh mighty DOLers. ;)

FYI. All three are black tri colour australian shepherds.

All three are medium coat, medium height, the male has a lot more coat then the girls though

i was thinking about what your dogs do....and photograph them doing it, like the frisbee but just more of that type of thing.

i would have them all together so people can see them getting on and sitting nicely

you could also show shots of the property or the local area if that appropriate

i was thinking about what your dogs do....and photograph them doing it, like the frisbee but just more of that type of thing.

i would have them all together so people can see them getting on and sitting nicely

you could also show shots of the property or the local area if that appropriate

Good idea. Thanks!

:):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Props are great for puppies but you want your dogs to be the main attraction, and props can draw the eye away from the main subject of a photograph. If you are in some shots that is great, but make sure you have another helper there (aside from the photographer). So they can stand behind the camera well back and toss a toy or cap to get ears or expression and keep heads from turning away.

Baskets as props are good - fresh healthy potplants in them might look better than artificials - do you have a Bunnings or nursery you could get some pots of "instant colour" to pot up into a generous basket. If you use a prop it has to be of a quality "as good as the dog" not something plastic or tenth-rate. Even a top quality pre-loved Teddy Bear is better than a mass-produced cheap-looking new one sitting next to them.

Thankyou very much. :)

We'll be taking the photos on the lawn, infront of the rose bushes and garden beds.

Another day (a warmer day) We'll take them to our beach house and photograph them running a muck out there as they so often do.

Thanks again!

i just had another thought, what about a pic when they are being groomed? i think it is good to see dogs being handled as a dog owner would handle them, to show temperment

Oh their grooming table with all the gear, or outside on the grass so to suit the other green photos?

i just had another thought, what about a pic when they are being groomed? i think it is good to see dogs being handled as a dog owner would handle them, to show temperment

Oh their grooming table with all the gear, or outside on the grass so to suit the other green photos?

outside on the grass i think would look good

outside on the grass i think would look good

:) Cool. :thumbsup:

Am writing all these down.

Thought of this thread when I got this link. http://video214.com/play/2c32RZHOypvyMQ9aD8ieuw/s/dark - worth a look.

The photographer did a two-day portrait shoot, I think a rescue-dog related event. She uses a wide range of props. Some I love, some not, but props aside the photography is excellent.

For BSL related interest, there is a footer at the end of this clip with some Pit Bull rescue video which I haven't looked at, probably something to do with the fund-raiser of the main link.