Urgent Assistance Needed

Nekhbet

Currently a young cat is at the vet after getting his leg caught in an old snap jaw style rabbit trap. His owners wont pay for amputation (or anything at all grrr) so before this cat has to be euthanised I'm putting out the call if any rescue is willing to take him, do the work and adopt him out. He's a ~12 month old male, has not been desexed or vaccinated. He's incredibly friendly, great with kids and is a great mouser/rabbit catcher! He would easily find a new home as he is a total smooch, and even with his leg in a trap he didnt make a fuss or get scared while in the car.

Prognosis so far is there is no bone damage, the foot is regaining blood supply but it's damaged to the point it will probably require amputation. Quote is $600-$1000 at Bellarine Vet Clinic here in Geelong. He's incredibly lucky the trap was old and rusty so it didnt do as much damage as it possibly could have.

I am taking him home tonight on a drip and meds to try and see if anyone will take him, if not I will have to take him back to the vet for euthanasia in the morning as I myself are completely out of money and he has a high risk of septacemia if left like this for too much longer

rescue and transport has now been arranged and ALV will cover costs to get cat to the Vet in Boronia :laugh:

this is one extremely lucky cat I can tell you that :laugh:

Edited by Nekhbet

Currently a young cat is at the vet after getting his leg caught in an old snap jaw style rabbit trap. His owners wont pay for amputation (or anything at all grrr) so before this cat has to be euthanised I'm putting out the call if any rescue is willing to take him, do the work and adopt him out. He's a ~12 month old male, has not been desexed or vaccinated. He's incredibly friendly, great with kids and is a great mouser/rabbit catcher! He would easily find a new home as he is a total smooch, and even with his leg in a trap he didnt make a fuss or get scared while in the car.

OMG...deja vu...our cat Marvin was found out in the bush with one leg caught in a rabbit trap... He lost most of one toe and that paw and lower leg were damaged, but didn't have to be amputated. I wish I could say I'll take him, but adopting him might be difficult for me/us - Marvie is a very happy "only cat", and we have 3 greyhounds. ... I would like to offer a financial contribution to any rescue that will take this cat on.

Regards,

Jane.

Edited by Fastgals

yes they are illegal, trust me I am so angry today you have no idea. Everything has been dropped in my lap because I'm the animal person :laugh: The vet too had her jaw on the ground and is furious about the whole situation

My mobile is on all night so please ring me if you have someone who can take him, I cant really afford to drive too far like the other side of melbourne so for some instances he might have to be pick up from my house in North Geelong

OK Success! Rescue is taking this cat, he will be at a surgeon in the morning

I do need transport from North Geelong to Boronia in the morning as I cant afford to do it myself. I am looking after the cat over night at my place.

If you can ring me on my mobile tonight :laugh:

p.s. yes he's free to go wherever

BLESS YOU AND BLESS THE ALV!

do you know which clinic in boronia it is? is it the Bornoia Vet Clinic or the Animal Medical Centre? i live just down the road so please contact me if you need any help with transport or housing the cat or rehoming etc. I use the Animal Medical Centre with my foster/rescue cats and the vets there are awesome. I'm also a vet nurse and my clinic would charge less than that quote. has the owner relinquished the cat?

ooh are you gonna get smooches! I've sent his medical records with him dognurse :eek: Vet recommeded heaps of cuddles as part of his treatment :cry: you have to now it's on paper

Miss the little guy already he drooled and rolled all over me this morning before he left. Keep in touch I definately want to know how he goes! There will be a lot of people at work asking for updates for this little guy and of course photos are mandatory :laugh: Being he's such a hunter I think a nice indoor home would be better for him as he has no idea about city life or traffic