I Can't Remember What The Vet Called It?

Katdogs

Stevie has a hard lump on her hock.

X-ray has shown it's not a nasty (we've had some sleepless nights waiting to do the xray) but an osteo-condo-something. Where maybe a bad knock has pushed a bit of cartilage? She's on cartrophen(?) injections for a few weeks and another xray in six months to be safe.

Can anyone point me to a good simple website and diagram that might explain this to me? I was so overwhelmed by the good news, none of the details sank in.

It was a busy day - looks like my foster boy may have found the perfect home. Just this morning I thought I might be losing my beautiful girl to bone cancer and keeping an old foster who had no enquiries and might be staying forever!

This may give you more info Katdogs...

https://www.vetconnect.com.au/5min/data/08880889.htm

See if it settles with the Cartrophen, and only look at surgery if Stevie looks to be impeded in movement or risks further damage to the joint without it... as surgery will possibly lead to earlier onset of arthritis in that joint, OK?

If you are looking at surgery, get Karen to do it - and if she says she can't, then I have the name of an excellent orthopedic surgeon I can give you (but he's not the cheapest option).

T.