What Is Your Dog's Favourite Chew Toy?

Staranais

What's your dog's favourite chew toy?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. That can be used unsupervised, isn't too smelly, and has no squeaker!

• Kong
    • Rope toy
    • Orbee
    • Nylabone
    • Everlasting treat ball
    • Other... tell me what!

Riley loves the water bottles too - I found the Kyjen Bottle buddies and he looovvves them. Its a soft cover and you put a water bottle inside. He loves the noise - I don't though! Especially while trying to watch tv!

These look great - my two would love them - where can I get them - are they available in Australia or only from the US?

I've got a few left in stock at the moment (See link in my signature). Quite a few places stock the Kyjen range now (mostly online)- its a really good range - they have lots of good stuff, but the Bottle Buddy is by far Riley's favourite of the range.

post-4872-1282557706_thumb.jpg

Anything newly bought or cherished.

The last thing she decimated was my brand new ipod case. Not only did she ignore the old case that is exactly the same, she also managed to bite into my new wallet at the same time.

Why?

WHY?

Everlasting treat balls aren't that expensive from the right place, even a large is only 39 from where I got my stuff.. I got a fun ball for $17, and a fire hydrant doover for $22.. our boys loooove them. So worth the money, and I'll be getting more. Ozpetshop has good prices on them.

http://www.ozpetshop.com.au/product_info.p...roducts_id/1896

Edited by Bundy's Mum

• 1 month later...
Do you want food toys or chew toys or both?

Tug-a-jugs are pretty indestructable :provoke:http://dstore.com.au/search/Tug-a-Jug/

Just wanted to say, thanks very much for the recommendation, SecretKei! I got her one about a month back, and she loves her Tug-a-jug. Took her about 10 minutes to work out exactly how to get the food out most efficiently, so I had to alter it somewhat to make it more tricky. Now when she's bored in the evening she'll come and show it to me to encourage me to put things in it.

Anything newly bought or cherished.

The last thing she decimated was my brand new ipod case. Not only did she ignore the old case that is exactly the same, she also managed to bite into my new wallet at the same time.

Why?

WHY?

Obviously she doesn't approve of Apple products

Clearly a PC dog.

Kiff had a kong. Filled it for him, he kind of.. licked at the end for a few seconds before walking away. The kong was left with him for the rest of the day to see if he'd show any interest and.. nothing. The kong now resides (last I saw it, anyway) in the grass in a dark corner of the yard. It got thrown for a foster dog, not retrieved and was basically given up on. I know a lot of people have greyhounds who love kongs, I'm just yet to meet such a greyhound myself.

The beef flavoured nylabone. Ah.. this one seemed like a great idea. Kiff loves beef, something that tastes like beef should be a hit... Should. His reaction to it was almost one of offense. The nylabone got nosed under his cupboard next to his bed (which is where he hides things that he doesn't want touching his precious toy bunny) and even after it was retrieved, rinsed off and offered to him again, he showed no interest. From memory, it just got binned after that.

There's been a few rope toys and admittedly, these have seen some use. Although that use was not chewing/play but Kiff carefully deconstructing them by gnawing off individual strands from the ends and leaving them littering his bed (or vomiting them up in the hallway, if we were extra lucky). None of the fosters have shown any interest in the rope toys. Probably a good thing, given how gross the strands are to clean up when vomited up with some raw meat.

We have tried the vinyl (or rubber or whatever they are) squeaky toys but again, one dusty survivor out in the yard that gets searched out to try with new fosters and none have ever shown any interest.

Maybe it's because they aren't raised with toys in the same way that pet dogs are, who knows- but from my experience, it's either just soft, squeaky toys (which get shredded quickly, Zanies is the only brand that survives around here) or smallish bones with enough meat on them to make them worth a greyhound's effort. A whole possum costs us $5 and if divided up for chewing/playing (there's not a huge amount of meat on them and it's very lean), one carcass can keep a greyhound entertained for a week or so.

The other thing they're a bit fruity about at the moment is kangaroo hide (with the fur still on). It takes them quite a while to get through a strip although that's definitely an outside treat/toy- they get very excited by the smell and tend to throw them around and do zoomies with them before settling down to chew on them.