Peanuts - Are They Dangerous?

Linda K

just a query, as our wonderful neighbours dog got into our garden yet again, and left a calling card - a nice big crap, which was entirely full of undigested peanuts (peanuts halves by the looks) which look like they had just gone in one end and out the other - would that be at all bad for the dog, ie should we let the neighbours know in case there is any other reaction they need to look out for, or would that be it - ie the dog ate, and they have passed, so all is good now (not that I imagine they would take much notice of us anyway)

cheers Linda

the dog is OK, he is a lab, so figures about the eating anything bit, I know our lab used to eat whatever she could find too. Thanks for letting me know. The only thing that has me a bit worried is whether they have actually fed him anything besides peanuts, or if they thought that was funny, so will keep an eye on him. Cheers Linda

Poor Banjie loves eating/playing with peanuts.... especially the one coconut shell coated type :thumbsup:

He has never had any problem with them.

The first one he stole but since then I checked online that they weren't dangerous and he gets a couple a week now if hes is lucky.

• 8 months later...

To my knowledge, they just go right through, doing no harm & no benefit to the dog on the way. :thumbsup:

Good to know.

My Maltese loves them but I stopped feeding her any when I found them completely intact in her poop :)

So I'll keep letting her have the occasional quarter peanut then :D

Edited by Katie's_Staff

peanuts make me feel ill but my dog likes them. I sometimes put peanut butter (that I bought for baiting mouse traps) into the kong for the dog. I think they're ok in moderation.

Sweetcorn is also wasted on dogs (and humans), unless you want to know how long it takes for input to become output...