Whippet Fun Day Healesville

recycling this post to update with details of the next fun day.

Next Whippet Fun Day Healesville Greyhound Track. for more info, email us at y v w r c at ( use @) hotmail dot (use .) come and leave out all the spaces.

Saturday 20th November is our next whippet fun day at the Healesville Greyhound Track. The spectacular photos Pete took have had well over 2000 views, the most ever for any of our days.

IMG_2018.jpg

We're having our AGM first, that's just for members and will start at 10am. We should be ready to start the lure at 11am.

We are in desperate need of more help, we need a secretary and a treasurer and hope some people will step up at the AGM

Other than that the formula will be the same, fun runs $5 per whippet/dog for members, $10 per whippet/dog for non members for as many runs as your dog wants. Muzzles are compulsory for all dogs running and are for sale or hire on the day. Barbeque and soft drinks for sale, free tea and coffee, and a raffle.

All dogs must be leashed unless actually racing. I noticed a couple running free last meeting. Please be responsible and control your dog. When you arrive have your dog already leashed in your car so they dont leap out and run willy nilly.

We hope to see you all for a fun day.

Linda

Edited by Kirislin

:laugh: that is classic

I was thinking that the whippets would leave others breeds miles behind. I know with lure coursing the whippets do the course in amazingly quick time where as Maggie although she goes flat chat is no way as quick

Will have to coincide any trips down south with a "fun day" as I Maggie would love to just run in a straight line .

About how long is the run ?

Yep, unless it's the owners dogs and he wants to run them together. For example we had a greyhound and a labrador running together, well, not exactly together but they were on the track at the same time :laugh:

IMG_3141t.jpg

IMG_3144t.jpg

That's no greyhound. I think that is my Zephyr.

Pity it is the same day as the first flyball comp of the season, my 2 labs love chasing a lure and go very hard, no stopping to sniff for them. My flyball team has banned me from letting my boy lure course at the Pets Day Out in Frankston as last year it knocked a whole second and a half off his flyball run for the rest of the day! :rofl:

Yep, unless it's the owners dogs and he wants to run them together. For example we had a greyhound and a labrador running together, well, not exactly together but they were on the track at the same time :rofl:

IMG_3141t.jpg

IMG_3144t.jpg

That's no greyhound. I think that is my Zephyr.

:rofl: It's definitely a greyhound that is running with the lab. Your Zephyr is the fabulous boy in the lead in the first pic though, he runs much better than the grey did, now that we have the drag lure for him. The grey is actually wearing the green GAP collar.

Edited by Kirislin

this is zephyr but the other 2 pics are definitely a greyhound with a lab. The bloke owned them both. I remember it well. The greyhounds stripe doesn't go up his face as far as Zeppys. I promise you, it's not your dog. :rofl: I think the pic of Zephyr is the best one.

IMG_2018.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

• 2 weeks later...
We had our first Saturday fun day and it clashed with the biggest whippet show of the year so we were worried about getting the numbers. We needn't have worried. Another great day.

Here's a few pics.

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc71/yv...mview=slideshow

Kirislin, what a fantastic day you put on!

Your photos are so gorgeous. We would love to save some of them as there are quite a few of our boy Tyson (he's third from the left in the 'wall of whippets') do we purchase them from you if we want to print them out, or are they there for sharing?

That was quick! I've just done the group email with a bit of a rundown of the day. Photobucket isn't as good quality wise as flickr or redbubble. If you like I can put some pics on flickr for you and they will be better quality, then you can use them as you please. I think I've had to crop them a bit too much for use on redbubble.

this must be your boy then too

IMG_3131dppt.jpg

That was quick! I've just done the group email with a bit of a rundown of the day. Photobucket isn't as good quality wise as flickr or redbubble. If you like I can put some pics on flickr for you and they will be better quality, then you can use them as you please. I think I've had to crop them a bit too much for use on redbubble.

this must be your boy then too

IMG_3131dppt.jpg

I just love that photo. Tyson really surprised us. Tilly will run all day chasing balls while Tyson will just stand around looking handsome. But at the fun day Tilly was all over the place and it was Tyson who really focused on that lure.

It makes me a bit worried about a christmas kitten!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very good, I'll see you there. We usually go to about 2ish so dont come too late or we might be already gone. sometimes we're there longer but it all depends on how many turn up and want to continue running their dogs.

I've never met a Lappie in the flesh, or should that be fur.

Edited by Kirislin