Wandering Dog Update 14/12/2010

Bilbo Baggins

Hi I went over the area on my way back Keilor last night.

Even in the dark you can see the issues. :eek::laugh: ;)

I rang XL Express and spoke to the manager. She was not aware of a hole in the fence or anyone feeding a dog.

Do not have a guard dog.

It is Brimbank Council, no different to Hume, dogs go to Lost Dogs home.

I did not have a writing stick or paper last night so did not get names of business that back on to the area.

That Info is being acquited for me today by Andrea.

Andrea states that her partner had only noticed him over the last week so may have only just gone astray.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I went over the area on my way back Keilor last night.

Even in the dark you can see the issues. :eek::laugh: ;)

I rang XL Express and spoke to the manager. She was not aware of a hole in the fence or anyone feeding a dog.

Do not have a guard dog.

It is Brimbank Council, no different to Hume, dogs go to Lost Dogs home.

I did not have a writing stick or paper last night so did not get names of business that back on to the area.

That Info is being acquited for me today by Andrea.

Andrea states that her partner had only noticed him over the last week so may have only just gone astray.

Is the idea for him to be caught and taken to LDH?

He will not go to LDH if he is chipped. He will be returned to his owner. If he is not chipped he will be going through the pound process.

What are you getting at? We follow correct procedure. It is not an option to turn out back and leave someones pet WGSD to live in a paddock and turn feral. We are not the WGSD SES so we are looking at plans to reunite the pet with its owner and need help. The council has been contacted.

GSD's your photos are awsome. :eek::laugh: ;)

It is definiatly a challenge.

No worries Lovey. Glad if they help out. Better than trying to constantly pull up a "visual" in your own mind & trying to describe it to other people. You can shoot them off to other people or send them a link to the thread.

I hope you didn't trek through that first paddock in your usual thongs Darl. :rofl: There's all sorts of "nasties" underfoot.

GSD's your photos are awsome. :eek::laugh: ;)

No worries Lovey. Glad if they help out. Better than trying to constantly pull up a "visual" in your own mind & trying to describe it to other people. You can shoot them off to other people or send them a link to the thread.

I hope you didn't trek through that first paddock in your usual thongs Darl. :( There's all sorts of "nasties" underfoot.

:rofl::cry::):o:eek::mad :D

He will not go to LDH if he is chipped. He will be returned to his owner. If he is not chipped he will be going through the pound process.

What are you getting at? We follow correct procedure. It is not an option to turn out back and leave someones pet WGSD to live in a paddock and turn feral. We are not the WGSD SES so we are looking at plans to reunite the pet with its owner and need help. The council has been contacted.

Of course, the pound process is the correct thing to do. I don't like his chances if he's not reclaimed.

GSD's your photos are awsome. :laugh::rofl: ;)

I hope you didn't trek through that first paddock in your usual thongs Darl. :eek: There's all sorts of "nasties" underfoot.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I meant footwear Lovey, not underwear. :D

My council only has one large trap they lend out, however its obviously not in their council so they are outting it through management but its probably a no go. They were very helpful though and seemed to think a trap is very sucessful and the only way to go.

Of course, the pound process is the correct thing to do. I don't like his chances if he's not reclaimed.

agreed, but there is no alternative.

are you sure its brimbank and not hume council? tullamarinie is part of hume.

I used to work for hume council, could see if we could get a trap from them

they (both councils) dont have any unfortunately :laugh:

I am expecting a call back form our ranger this arvo, but I dont like our chances. We have offered money too, but they also have guidelines that need to be followed.