Wandering Dog Update 14/12/2010

Bilbo Baggins

GSD's your photos are awsome. :laugh::rofl: ;)

It is definiatly a challenge.

No worries Lovey. Glad if they help out. Better than trying to constantly pull up a "visual" in your own mind & trying to describe it to other people. You can shoot them off to other people or send them a link to the thread.

I hope you didn't trek through that first paddock in your usual thongs Darl. :eek: There's all sorts of "nasties" underfoot.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I meant footwear Lovey, not underwear. :D

Stirrer. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GSD's your photos are awsome. :laugh::rofl: ;)

It is definiatly a challenge.

No worries Lovey. Glad if they help out. Better than trying to constantly pull up a "visual" in your own mind & trying to describe it to other people. You can shoot them off to other people or send them a link to the thread.

I hope you didn't trek through that first paddock in your usual thongs Darl. :eek: There's all sorts of "nasties" underfoot.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I meant footwear Lovey, not underwear. :D

Stirrer. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

got ur pm, will give you a call after I finish work- cant make private calls in office environment always ears listening :)

Just got through to the DPI, lovely helpful lady rang some dog catchers out in the country areas. He said council will most likely shoot it if they cant get it and dont have a trap. THeir country catchers dont do the suburbs and cant hire traps. She told me to contact RSPCA and pray that my council will lend me theirs.

Have you thought about contacting the biology departments in any of the Victorian Uni's (or maybe the museum). The traps we used at uni for native wildlife would probably not be big enough for this boy but they might have something larger???

http://www.animalcontrol.com.au/default.htm

these people might know of a trap to borrow

sounds a bit harsh but how about some lumps of meat with ACP tablets shoved in there. If someone is willing to camp out and keep an eye on him, leave the lumps in his kennel and grab him when he drops. Works fairly quickly

The zoos have blow dart guns but you have to be fairly close

http://www.animalcontrol.com.au/default.htm

these people might know of a trap to borrow

sounds a bit harsh but how about some lumps of meat with ACP tablets shoved in there. If someone is willing to camp out and keep an eye on him, leave the lumps in his kennel and grab him when he drops. Works fairly quickly

The zoos have blow dart guns but you have to be fairly close

Thanks Nek, none of us are able to camp out unfortunately but its good thinking all the same. Im ringing the council again.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BREAKTHROUGH!!!!

Fox catcher called me back. He is going to try and lure him with a special bait and win his trust, then if that doesnt work use a soft dog paw trap. (need to investigate but humane) he has all the right equipment.

Need full details or someone to show him where he is located tomorrow.

CHecking with the commitee due to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by Chewbacca